Best Truck Ever
By Joe K. on
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
This truck was two years old, with 33,000 miles when I purchased it (Certified Used). I use this pickup on our family farm and to drive to work, resulting in 40K miles each year. This is the best truck, fantastic engine 5.3, great power reasonable fuel economy. No complaints with the 4WD, I use it frequently. Currently, the truck has over 200K miles, the service record is brief: 5 years old replace rear brakes (still have not replaced front brakes),6 years old replace battery just to be on the safe side, Fuel pump replaced at 175K miles, my fault for not ever replacing the fuel filter. At 180K had to replace the front UJoint. Plan to trade the truck in on a similar equipped 2008 model Sierra.
Favorite Features
Engine and transmission, simple, powerful, responsive, reliable. The color is white but it always looks good, good looking wheels, do not show any wear. Wheel alignment is beyond belief, managed to get 110K miles on one set of tires (never rotated)
Suggested Improvements
I had a similar 1999 Z-71 Silverado before this truck, had the same issue, which is no place to put your left elbow. Always end up on the window sill, I think this has been corrected in the 900 series trucks.