A real long term test
By motorbones on
2001 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
After 13 years and 252,000 miles, i think it's time a write a review. The engine is all original, and runs as good as the first day. The transmission failed after 150,000, but the new one is flawless. Aside for the normal consumables, I have had to replace one wheel bearing. That's it. That, and the fact that I have two rather expensive cars sitting in the garage, but my wife always prefers the "truck" for it's comfort and ride quality. I'm sure someone out there will beat me up on how much better they're doing with their Ram or Ford or Toyota, and I can't fault them... I don't know those trucks. But this truck doesn't show any signs that will give it up any time soon.
Favorite Features

By smoo4asw
on 05/25/14 18:37 PM (PDT)

It all depends on whether you were raised to love Ford, Chrysler, GM, Germans, Japanese, or other countries as regards your brand that your father recommended. I'm a third generation Ford man after my father and grandfather on my father's side loved Ford (my paternal grandfather had a Model T as his first vehicle and a 1971 Ford F-100 styleside as his last vehicle and first pickup, and Daddy owned a 1970 Mustang, and currently commands a 1994 Ranger he's had since new as a now second vehicle and our daily driver is an F-150 that is both incredibly similar and totally different at the same time. I'm not going to hate on you for being happy with what works, and I would hope if you ever met us you would enjoy a ride in our F-150 or if you got a wild hair the Ranger if you needed one. You know, common courtesy between truck owners.