2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
2001 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
By DPW on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 2WD SB w/OnStar (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used from a local dealership. This is my first full sized pickup, and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

My 01 GMC
By Freddymack on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The truck drives out great, a lil bit of oil consumption on 5.3l engine, had a rear wheel bearing go out HMMM. Clunking when going into gear, possible yoke. Does everything I need it to do.

Great all around truck
By TAZ427 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is a great all around truck. It's comfortable and makes a good daily driver, while rugged enough to do the odd jobs such as hauling lumber, dirt, gravel, and the family. One of the things that impressed me the most is the ride comfort, while still be able to haul a big load.

Looks aren't everything!
By Hawkman on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

SLE Ext Cab, Sportside,5.3, tow, HD suspension. The truck rides like a frikkin' wagon train. Absolutely loathe driving iy. I don't understand how everyone says it rides great. I'm going to put Bilstein's "comfort" shocks and hope it provides a cure. Other than its ride, the truck is great! Nice, comfortable and roomy inside. Looks fantastic! Reliability has not been an issue. Has more shakes and rattles than I prefer. Gas mileage has been consistent around 16mpg. Contemplating a Radix supercharger. Decent power is not enough. I'd recommend buying this truck, but looks alone does not make for lasting love.

GMC SIERRA
By ted1955 on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If GM built cars as good as their trucks they would put a lot of people out of business.

2001 Sierra SLT 5.3 V8
By rrbs on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This has been a great vehicle; hasn't needed service in the first 25,000 miles & doesn't seem like it will anytime soon. The SLT package gives it a near luxury ride feel, which is unexpected of a pickup. If you want to do yourself a favor, replace the stock stereo. And the stock tires; they are bad on wet pavement.

Best vehicle I've owned
By KFayal on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this truck. I have the 5.3 liter V8 Sierra 1500 SLT. This truck is almost like a car in comfort and features. For the driver and passenger it's hard to tell that you are in a truck. The engine has power on tap. Almost 2.5 years of ownership and I've had only one small manufacturer warranty item replaced: the gas gauge.

Love my Seirra
By my1sttruck on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Seirra has never let me down yet. With 63,000 miles on it in just two years it's still running great and I love the way it handles.

Pleased with my Sierra
By MrSkimo on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck...most of the time. It has been 100% reliable. Excellent mechanically. The interior is a little cheap feeling with lots of hard plastic. The one complaint I have is soft paint. Rock chips and scratches on the body from branches are horrible. The dark red paint has a white primer which shows everything.

Damn Good Truck
By Brunswick Hobo on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My personal all-round vehicle... Use it for everything from going to church to hauling my boat in my charter- fishing business.... Very roomy and comfortable...