2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
GREAT!!
By HOtPiNk037 on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really great truck. Very realiable and comfortable. You can depend on it. Smooth driving and very clean. Enjoyable. Nice truck.

2001 GMC 4x4 5.3 Z 71 SLE
By Joe D on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I've been fairly easy on this truck but occasionally have hauled very heavy loads. No problems. The smooth ride was a surprise to me. Engine performance is great. Milage is ok if you take it easy, otherwise it uses quite a bit. I think the interior is nice (despite what Edmond's say). It's a nice riding/functional truck. Can't find anything wrong with this truck yet (in almost 2 years).

Pretty decent truck
By Mykee on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

All around performance is a little above average. Nice two wheel drive.

sweet truck
By tjones on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

All the LS! based engines knock @ startup and seems to be less of an issue as miles add up/mine is 5.3 with towhaul opt.Smooth and tomb like quiet @ 80mph. 3:73 rearend pulls like crazy (I can pull my 24'5500lb boat and tandem trailer with ease. I had dealer send out and install leather in the 40/20/40 split seats(better leather than factory too. Ive driven trucks 35yrs/ Ford150/slverado1500s(the chevy never left me stranded in 200k/ford let me down @ 150k.So far,this is the best one I have ever owned. Try adding an extra quart of oil. 22mpg hiway beats the 12 and 14on the chev and ford.

the truck that loves to rap and roll
By bopat on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is sharp.Truck makes Rapping Noise starting cold all the time, Now does it when warm, untill op temp. Then ok. Like the day we put out $28K for it. When normal its great. When cold makes my Buds laugh. Myself I want to CRY! Been to the dealer 4 times they say its normal. Why didnt it do it when I bought it. I wouldn't have bought it. GM Customer service told me on the to learn to live with it! I can't believe they said that to me.I think I would not have bought a GM! Its had a cam and lifters also. Body creaks, groans drive line clunk. Do your self a favor dont buy one of these trucks.

I have become a GMC service expert
By brad on 03/12/02 10:08 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My name is Brad and I have owned a 2001 GMC Sierra for a little over a year. The factory warranty has not expired and I have had to take it back to the dealership at least six times. From the seams on the interior ripping to the oxygen sensor going bad twice, this truck has been a real headache. I have the Z71 model and it is the truck I always wanted but after this one I am done with GMC.

Wish I bought the Tundra
By numbskull on 02/02/02 06:01 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

At 900 mi It was in the shop for clunk/bang/vibration in the drive train. . after several annoying/time consuming attempts. GM bulletin (drive line clunk)#99-04- 02-002A. Not to be confused with the engine clunk/piston slap bul. This truck acts and sounds like the 1996 I sold prior. with 150,000 hard miles. I'm finding out that there are many bulletins and dissatisfied customers with several of the 00/01/02 model yrs. It now has 10000 mi and I'm sorry I ever bought it!!!