Used 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

GREAT!!
By HOtPiNk037

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really great truck. Very realiable and comfortable. You can depend on it. Smooth driving and very clean. Enjoyable. Nice truck.

Favorite Features

Clean, great stereo, comfortable, roomy.

2001 GMC 4x4 5.3 Z 71 SLE
By Joe D

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I've been fairly easy on this truck but occasionally have hauled very heavy loads. No problems. The smooth ride was a surprise to me. Engine performance is great. Milage is ok if you take it easy, otherwise it uses quite a bit. I think the interior is nice (despite what Edmond's say). It's a nice riding/functional truck. Can't find anything wrong with this truck yet (in almost 2 years).

Favorite Features

Decent radio, positive steering (for a 4x4), easy to read gauges, comfortable seats with good lumbar support (split bench), very comfortable armrest/console, power mirrors helpful, good sound insulation, tight fit doors and windows.

Suggested Improvements

Body side mouldings not functional - too high up. Am used to the cruise control where it is - don't change it. Would be nice if spare tire had same wheel as truck (to make 5 tire rotation easier).

Pretty decent truck
By Mykee

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

All around performance is a little above average. Nice two wheel drive.

Favorite Features

The dash is pleasant.

Suggested Improvements

Door panels and behind the seat panels leave a lot to be desired.

sweet truck
By tjones

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

All the LS! based engines knock @ startup and seems to be less of an issue as miles add up/mine is 5.3 with towhaul opt.Smooth and tomb like quiet @ 80mph. 3:73 rearend pulls like crazy (I can pull my 24'5500lb boat and tandem trailer with ease. I had dealer send out and install leather in the 40/20/40 split seats(better leather than factory too. Ive driven trucks 35yrs/ Ford150/slverado1500s(the chevy never left me stranded in 200k/ford let me down @ 150k.So far,this is the best one I have ever owned. Try adding an extra quart of oil. 22mpg hiway beats the 12 and 14on the chev and ford.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Quiet and Powerful

Suggested Improvements

@ lo speed 35-45, a whistle on the exterior windshield weather stripping

the truck that loves to rap and roll
By bopat

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is sharp.Truck makes Rapping Noise starting cold all the time, Now does it when warm, untill op temp. Then ok. Like the day we put out $28K for it. When normal its great. When cold makes my Buds laugh. Myself I want to CRY! Been to the dealer 4 times they say its normal. Why didnt it do it when I bought it. I wouldn't have bought it. GM Customer service told me on the to learn to live with it! I can't believe they said that to me.I think I would not have bought a GM! Its had a cam and lifters also. Body creaks, groans drive line clunk. Do your self a favor dont buy one of these trucks.

Favorite Features

Body styling

Suggested Improvements

engines 5.3 it's junk fix drive slack listen to customers problem real problems with trucks Government should step in to prevent GM from making more trucks till they fix the ones out there!