2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Gary's 2000 GMC * an opinion*
By drlocke on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck is very fun to drive. It has the power, and torque for any situation. I would buy another one but I would not give anyone this one.

Nice truck
By Rgr891 on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

The ride quality is excellent and the cabin is very quiet. The rear seats are very spacious and nobody has complained about being uncomfortable. Had to have the "AutoTrac" switch replaced, which the dealer said was a common problem, at about 40000 miles.

love it
By richardc on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

I had a regular cab gmc and traded to get more room. I have not regreted the trade. The truck is comfortable and quite. The only problem I have had is a leak in one of the A/C lines which was replaced in an hour. This truck is a keeper.

2000 GMC Sierra 4x4
By Chetmarcol on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This has been an excellent truck. Very sharp and extremely well built. Have not had it back to the dealer once for any problems. Fits and finish are perfect.

GMC SLE Z71
By RadarLuvr on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck handles and rides like a car. Has no problem cruising along the highways at 2500 rpm. Beware of factory installed sliding rear windows, frame has history of cracking, causing water leakage into cab.

excellent
By Alan g. on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SL 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

excellent overall performance and handling. good for off roading, hauling and highway, fully recommend this truck, by the way it's a 3 door not a 2 door.

I would buy another one!
By FF2Skip on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have never regretted one payment made. Great looks. Although I have the 4.8L, she moves. I added Flow- Master duals, Hypertech Power Programmer, and Ultra rims w/ T/A Radials. Even with a heavy foot, I got 19 mpg on average. 2 complaints- 1) It's sometimes hard to get the cabin temperature right when using the heater(it heats up quickly, though), and 2) parking the beast in crowded parking lots. I have two children and they never complained about not having enough space in the back to fight with each other. The 4 doors are great if a car is not parked next to you. Since I'm only 5'8", adult passengers in the back have enough room, too.

My First Truck
By lstpierr on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I was always an F150 fan when it came to small pickups. I couldn't resist the ride the GMC gave, I tested the Dodge, Ford and Toyota, GMC won hands down. I now have the truck for nearly 2 years, with 28k on it. The only issue I had was with GMC service. I had a hard flip toneau cover installed, they soaked me, and put it on incorrectly. Also, a clunking sound from the drive train, that was a known issue released, and they've replaced the alloy yolk with the new Steel yolk, all's fine. This is a great truck, the only other thing I need to do is replace the Firestone tires and I'm golden. I recommend this truck to anyone!

My first used vehicle
By Dave's Truck on 03/08/02 18:40 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I recently purchased a 2000 GMC Sierra SLT Ext. Cab from my local dealership and I couldn't be happier. All I've ever bought before were new vehicles, but I couldn't pass up this truck when I saw it. I found a fully loaded GMC, (leather, heated seats, overhead console, fog lights, seat memory position, 5.3L V8 engine) with almost 24,000 miles on it for less than $21,000. I drove off the lot for about $24,000, including ext. warranty. The vehicle was certified.