2000 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
One Good Truck!
By Mike Mullen on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've been very happy with my truck so far. It's good looking, fun to drive, and loves to work hard!

May be better choices
By RDJ0829 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Overall disappointed. Replaced all brakes and rotors at 15000 miles. Dealer said don't drive enough. Never happened to my other cars with similar miles. New Battery after 2 years. Now a noise in steering?? I am not looking forward to the future years...

OUR TRUCK
By TRR on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

WE HAVE HAD THIS TRUCK SINCE IT WAS NEW WITH NO MAJOR PROBLEMS AT ALL. ENGINE BELT SQUEEK UNTIL WARMED UP WOULD BE MY ONLY COMPLAINT.

2000 GMC 1500 SLE
By Jay Dee on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Good truck. In 4 years, the only problem experienced was the power window on the passenger side quite working. It was covered under warrentee.

Glad I didn't buy a Tundra.
By Cottonmouth on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've put 65,000 miles on it since I drove it off the lot 2.5 years ago and I've been very happy with it. Feels like driving a car, but performs like a truck. Good gas milage, and I've had zero problems with it. The 40/20/40 seats give great lumbar support.

2000 SLE Ext Cab 3 door
By 58mike on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have 73k miles on this truck and not one complaint. Excellent ride, quiet as a tomb inside. Other than replacing tires and changing oil I haven't spent a dime on major repairs. Paint still nice and shiny after 3 years of outside parking. No squeaks, pops, or groans. I've replaced two driving lamp bulbs in 3 years. Also, there's a fuse that controls the ignition that has blown twice. All this has cost me a whopping $21. Definately a keeper.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By wjs on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Over the more than 2 and 1/2 years I've owned this truck I have really come to appreciate the attention to detail taken in its design and build. It has more power than I thought would be needed, until I towed with it. The 7500lb chipper towed easily and seemed right at home behind me. Between the outstanding interior components and the solid, powerful drivetrain I would recommend this vehicle over the competition any day.

2000 GMC Sierra
By Larry Newsome on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

The truck rides and handles well. Fuel economy is acceptable. I tow a 18 foot boat without any problems. But I use it primarily for transportation. I have about 41000 miles and lately I have noticed numberous body rattles. The exterior paint is not very hard, it scratches very easy.

Gary's 2000 GMC * an opinion*
By drlocke on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck is very fun to drive. It has the power, and torque for any situation. I would buy another one but I would not give anyone this one.

Nice truck
By Rgr891 on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

The ride quality is excellent and the cabin is very quiet. The rear seats are very spacious and nobody has complained about being uncomfortable. Had to have the "AutoTrac" switch replaced, which the dealer said was a common problem, at about 40000 miles.