2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: 2000 GMC Sierra Z71

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLE Regular Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 5-speed Manual)

2000 GMC Sierra Z71
By Brad on

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Overall, I love the truck. It fires up every morning. I have had it for almost four years. I drive 30,000 miles a year with my job and it holds up great. The biggest repair I had to make was to have the intake manifold gaskets replaced a few years ago. The Gen III LS-based engines are notorious for that. I get about 15-17MPG no matter what kind of driving I do. Piddly things are starting to fail like lights on the radio & HVAC, lumbar support, and the console lid, but mechanically, it's as Professional Grade as ever! Someday I'll trade it in on a new Sierra/Silverado, but right now it does what I need it to do.

Auto 4WD, lumbar support (once I fix it), 5.3L V8 horsepower, tried and true 4L60E auto transmission, and "Ice" sensor, thermometer, compass in the rear-view mirror. The Silverado (it's twin) was 1999 Motor Trend Truck of the Year!

Bluetooth, Active Fuel Management, heated leather seats, but the new ones have all that! :0)