Used 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2000 GMC Sierra Z71
By Brad

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Overall, I love the truck. It fires up every morning. I have had it for almost four years. I drive 30,000 miles a year with my job and it holds up great. The biggest repair I had to make was to have the intake manifold gaskets replaced a few years ago. The Gen III LS-based engines are notorious for that. I get about 15-17MPG no matter what kind of driving I do. Piddly things are starting to fail like lights on the radio & HVAC, lumbar support, and the console lid, but mechanically, it's as Professional Grade as ever! Someday I'll trade it in on a new Sierra/Silverado, but right now it does what I need it to do.

Auto 4WD, lumbar support (once I fix it), 5.3L V8 horsepower, tried and true 4L60E auto transmission, and "Ice" sensor, thermometer, compass in the rear-view mirror. The Silverado (it's twin) was 1999 Motor Trend Truck of the Year!

Bluetooth, Active Fuel Management, heated leather seats, but the new ones have all that! :0)

Ready to Move On
By Red

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this vehicle new and have enjoyed it. However, there have been some quality issues. Interior panels have all been very noisy and loose from the day it was driven off the lot. The digital odometer module quit lighting-up at 35,000 miles. Still keeps accurate mileage, just never know "how many" miles. Not much value to me any more. Will be donating it to charity by the end of this year. Hope it will help others.

Vehicle stand well above the traffic. Enjoy the height.

Battery quality electronics.

I love my truck
By KRIS

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I have had my truck for 2 years it has about 150k miles on it and I have not had hardly any problems out of it what so ever. This has been a great truck all around. Im impressed with my gas miliage also I still get about 18-20 in the city and and 22-24 on the hwy I guess. For the age and mileage this is still wonderful. I would definitely buy another truck like this and recomend them to friends and family. I also can tell you that this truck holds its own in wrecks. I have been in 1 wreck in this truck and it held together very well better than some bigger trucks that I have seen! The damage and the cost of repair were pretty minimum for the wreck.

Reliability mainly! I would give this truck an A+ all the way around!

Interior fashion maybe, and a better built stepside bed but other than that I have to say there isn't anything!

great truck
By angel 52

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab LB

very good ride & very comfortable; this
is one of the most comfortable vehicles
i have ever owned & it is a truck! it
is very peppy with the 4.8 V8 & gets 16

By wfm

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Broke down in March 2003 with this 2000
GMC 1500 6 cyl pickup at 73000 km and
had to be towed. The distributor cap
acquires moisture buildup and kills the
spark. I am the second owner so this
may have happened before. The towtruck
operator and other owners in this area
of Eastern Canada said this is a common
problem with the newer Chev and GMC
pickups in our Canadian wet but cold
and damp weather. My previous 1988 Chev
went for 15 yrs without this problem.
What did they change?