1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: No more GM products for me.

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Extended Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

No more GM products for me.
By Wham on

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Problems before '05- transmission went out, ABS quit due to computer glitch, seal in four wheel drive started leaking, the cd player went out, the control nobs for the radio cracked and some fell off, the tailgate cables snapped on three separate occasions, once while I was loading an ATV. The tailgate then received a slight dent when it hit the bumper. GM said that their research has shown only the '00 and later models were affected by this. I'm thinking apparently not! It's the same exact cable! A year or two later they finally agreed. Throttle sticks starting off, back windows whistle, clear coat started separating and flaking off two years ago. Not enough room to tell it all!

After all those problems, I do love the way the truck drives and it is comfortable. I'm not confident enough in it to take a cross country drive anymore, but I will finish it off here on the farm.

GM needs to improve the quality. It's too late to fool me again, but if they hope to stay in business they best improve. You wouldn't believe the run around I received while trying to resolve the tailgate cable incident. I sent all the paperwork in for my reimbursement, but never received a dime.