1999 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
1 heck of a truck
By william mcduffie on 01/09/06 16:17 PM (PST)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

All I can say is "awesome". This is the 1st truck that I have owned and I don't regret it at all. I've never had a 325 5.3 v8 before and I love it. It has sweet gas mileage for a v8. I can go 470 miles on a full tank of 93 octane. Horsepower, oh my God, it's unreal. It has the power of a 400 c.i. v8. I truly love this motor. Thank you GM for this V8.

Love the Z71 but mileage is taking toll
By gmc2349 on 09/02/05 08:44 AM (PDT)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Just hit 90k and the repairs are starting to come in fast. Rear end needed to be replaced, along with front diff to be resealed. Transfer case just had to cleaned up from factory flaw. Front wheel bearings went out too all in under 10 months. That's about $3k in work done. Nothing else out there gets me excited as my Z71 SLT. Great truck, just reliability is becoming an issue at 100k.

A great truck
By stangin1 on 01/04/05 20:44 PM (PST)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been very reliable and it still looks great. It has pulled whatever we needed it to. We have pulled cars from CA to MO and back with no problems.

Back to the Blue Oval for me
By Turtle316 on 12/17/04 14:08 PM (PST)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 is the first non Ford vehicle that I have ever purchased, and this truck alone has been enough to make me never buy a GM product again. The driver's side window stopped moving, so I took the door panel apart and the motor assembly is barely accessible and a nightmare of a design on top of that. My transmission has started to go out at only 65,000 miles and two wheel bearings went out at the same time. Not to mention that I get between 12 and 13 miles to the gallon driving in this ridiculous California traffic. One more thing, if the turning radius were any larger I would need one of those guys with the flashlights that direct the pilots when pulling into the terminal.

My Sierra
By Jaymo_1 on 11/23/04 14:22 PM (PST)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I'm enjoying my GMC Sierra! It has been modified a little. So, that always helps (I NEED MORE POWER!!!). Love the 4X4 options being push button and on the fly. This truck rides like a car. Actually, much better than most cars I've driven. The dual pipes, chrome rims, tinted windows, and a windshield visor that I added sure cause heads to turn.

BLUE THUNDER
By C SUBER on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

QUICKLY I'LL SAY THAT MY GMC HAS BEEN A COMFORTABLE, DURABLE, RELIABLE TRUCK FOR THE 2 YEARS I'VE OWNED IT. VERY POWERFUL TRUCK, THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE ABOUT THE TRUCK IS THE CHEAP, BLAND INTERIOR THEY MAKE. OTHER THAN THAT A GREAT TRUCK TO OWN.

GMC Review
By Jstanford on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Fun to drive, plenty of power to pull all the toys. Truck has a tendency to create rattles in the cabin area, especially at lower speeds

Great truck for the money
By Don in St. Louis on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have owned this truck for five years and put over 70000 miles on it. It has loads of power and I have towed a trailer with a car for 1000 miles at least four times with the small V8. The underside of the truck could be stronger as the tow hitch tore loose from the rails! The throttle was sticking and had to be cleaned by the dealer which was expensive. The digital dash has gone out and a mechanic said it might just be a ground wire is loose. The third (rear door) rattles badly which is a design flaw. The daylight running lights have both gone out (7.50 each to replace!)There were two recalls.

BIg Red
By the Big Red on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Got this veicle as a left over in 2000, didn't want red, but it has grown on me, the trucks styling is modern, but not over board like a Dodge, and does not look like the sheet metal was hung on the truck like Fords, it is what it is supposed to be a pick-up truck, not a tractor trailer or a car. Reliable with close to 50,000 miles, nothing more required but routine maintenance, and new tires. it looks good sitting in the driveway. I would recommend a GMC to anyone,it rides well, and looks good and works hard.

Power and Good Looks at a Great price!
By kendawg on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck used in December of 2002. It has been a great truck so far, with lots of power (5.3L) and nice features. I have not had to do anything other than regular maintenance (oil changes, transmission service, brakes, etc,,)I have always been a Ford man, but now that has changed. When I sell this truck I am definetly going to get another GMC.