1998 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
1998 GMC SIERRA
By jcaprio on 04/12/11 17:03 PM (PDT)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

My 98 Sierra SLT runs excellent. The truck has 227 thousand miles on it. Let me preferance what what im going to say next. I am talking about my truck and not all GMC Sierra's. So here are the words im using to describe it. It's been a dependable, excellent running,comfortable,stylish truck .The only negative i found was it's difficult to work on Things that the average joe should be able to do are hampered by covers or hidden and that can be annoying. That aside, properly maintained, they will go forever. joe caprio

like a rock is true to the name
By seadoog01 on 02/22/10 16:32 PM (PST)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

when i purchased this truck it had 142000 miles on it,it has 232000 now and its like a tank had to replace a few little things but for the most this truck is something to have i have had people try and buy it but its part of the family now son needs a truck now but i would buy him a new one before i would give up this one love my truck

Awesome Truck
By GMC Lover on 05/13/09 04:06 AM (PDT)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought truck new with 18 miles. This 4.3 5speed has been the best auto I have ever purchased. I have only had 3 sets of tires on truck, still have original motor. Very reliable on both short trips and long hauls. No rust on body that I can find. Best thing I did to truck was to have a spray on bed liner. Would love to own another truck like it some day.

My Favorite Vehicle I Ever Owned
By Matthew on 04/12/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

150,000 miles and no problems yet, strong motor and drivetrain, 4wd works perfectly, great and roomy interior , i have done nothing but normal maintenance on this truck and haven't had any problems with it

One great truck!
By RW on 05/12/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my k1500 new in 98 with the 4.3 and 5 speed. It has never once stranded me. I consistently get over 22mpg on the highway after upgrading with a throttle body spacer and air intake.

Great Truck
By Russ on 01/28/08 20:53 PM (PST)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for almost ten years, I have replaced the battery and one front brake job, so obviously it has been a very reliable truck.

GreatBuy
By jpierce1987 on 03/18/07 21:04 PM (PDT)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck as a toy for my birthday. It was a used truck that can run on gas or lpg! I paid $3800! Great buy! This truck is amazing. It has 163,000 miles and can still do a 45 sec power brake. Easily do a burn out, tow anything and everything, and does it all with ease! I love this truck. It was one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Good truck
By Tony on 03/03/07 01:32 AM (PST)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck my senior year of high school and have liked it ever since. I added a high-flow air filter and a new exhaut. It now gets about 20 MPG. I hope to have a son one day that I can give this truck to.

Truly a best buy
By Bob Thomas on 03/25/05 09:17 AM (PST)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My 1998 GMC Z-71 pickup was absolutely the best vehicle ever. Despite a couple of minor problems such as wiper motor replaced twice, intake manifold cooling hose attachment, right front running/low beam light working intermittently, and the steering wheel peeling after a few months, there were no problems other than normal maintenance. I sold the vehicle at 222,252 miles and it still used no oil. Not even any rattles at that mileage level. Great job!

lemonade
By oldadobe on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab SB

driver door ajar, brake cylinder fails, alternator fails, etc., etc., and the "extended cab" with plumb seatbacks and about 8 inches of legroom is comfortable only for those under age 6.