1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
its a [non-permissible content removed] tank
By 16stmica on 04/07/12 17:10 PM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

i have had my 1997 GMC sierra 1500 (it a heavy half ton) for 10 years ever since my grampus ford got stolen. dam good truck loved it since the day we bought it its a 4wd has 203837 miles on it it blue has a regular cab its an sl it has a towing package.

Love My GMC Truck
By Dr. Grimes on 06/15/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have pulled stumps with this vehicle as well as a utility trailer with household articles, motorcycle, and ATV. It never had any trouble. I did have the water pump changed a while back. The previous owner had placed small wheels on it for some reason. I put the size tires it should have had. Therefore, I think the mileage is a good bit less than the 60000 that the odometer reads.

The best truck I ever had!
By WICKKED on 03/12/08 00:47 AM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have a lead foot and every month or so I'm replacing the bald rear tires. I have driven a lot of veichles and this one has stood up to the abuse allmost as good as the 94 Chevy Cavalier I had. This truck is awesome. It's a 5 speed and I have no trouble with it. As much as I rag on it it still passes emissions with no trouble.

Dependable truck
By sierra21122 on 12/01/07 11:06 AM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I bought this truck with 165,000kms on it. Very well maintained and in perfect shape. I have driven it a total of 10,000kms to date. It's the 4.3L V6 motor which gets anywhere from 15-21 mpg in the city, I have no idea why it fluctuates so much but the drop came with the cold weather. The truck is dependable but performance is weak (definitely suggest the v8 models). The A/C condenser has a leak now it does not work. The transmission sometimes makes hard shifts. The rear shocks are clunky now and will need to be replaced. Otherwise regular maintenance seems to keep this truck running well. Couldn't ask for more from a truck.

Time out!!
By edelp on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab K1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Third GM with intake manifold leaks. 1 4.3, and 2, 5.7 vortecs. GM knows this problem exists. ASK ANY DEALER. Sun Crashes dashes. Two water pumps, one on 4.3with 47000 miles, one on 5.7 with 50M Rattles in dash. Gas mileage on 5.7 is excessive. New tune up may get 15... Heater hoses are poor quality...corrosion.

bad buy
By leo444 on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

transmission went out 50000 miles, wiper motor went out 52000 miles, alternator out 40000 miles, egr valve bad70000 miles, door handle broke 75000 miles, thermostat heater went out 66000 miles. many other little prob

Tuff Trucks
By Z7 Power machine on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have a 1997 GMC Z-71 With 5.0lLiter pushing 317h.p. This truck is a power house. I have had little to no trouble at all with it. I have added 33inch tires and the 2001 silverado rims, computer, reprogrammer, throttle body, fuel injectors, strobe lights, tinted windows, billet grille, lights covers, and a nasty stereo system. I am averaging 20mpg and wouldn't trade it for anything. The look of these style puts them in their own class. Remember always Like a Rock and never buy a FORD!!!!!