1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
third gm truck
By r3d_elite on 08/28/12 15:28 PM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab LB

this is my third gm truck and i have yet to be disappointed. first truck was an 87 chevy that i drove until i hit a deer and ditch and the frame warped. second finally gave in when the truck was loaned to a friend (at the time) and they blew the engine.... (friends dont beat friends' vehicles...) this 97 gmc has 220k on it and still running great yeah some maintenance is required but that comes with all vehicles. who needs a jap vehicle. id like to see how many honda's can pull a stump out of the ground then go on a comfortable 3 hour trip back home

Greatest Truck Ever!
By codymortensen58 on 05/18/10 12:20 PM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My Truck has 250,000+ miles on it and it is still running great, i live on a country road in Minnesota and it takes the snow and heat with no problem at all. It has little to no rust on it because i wash it biweekly. The greatest truck i have ever owned, i upped the tire size to 285 just to give it a beefier look and to help in the field. I guarentee that this truck will get me another 200,000 if it keeps up at this pace!

Best Truck On the Road
By rebecca on 09/30/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Bought truck 10 years ago, with 12,000 miles on it. Fuel pump at 100,000 another at 200,000. Wiper problem was a solder-fix. New starter, alternator. Truck runs like a champ, lots of power, has 210,000 on 350 vortec and I'm leaving for a 1000 mile trip next week. A comfortable ride, killer music system (after-market), tinted windows. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

GMC 1500 great truck
By Wadek on 07/25/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have a 1997 GMC 1500 extended cab. This is the greatest truck Ive ever had.It has about 125,000 miles on it and sill runs strong. Plenty of towing power. I love every feature on this. If you wax and wash them and keep the scratches off it looks great and with regular maintenance this truck lasts.

my 1st new vehicle ever
By richard on 05/01/08 19:40 PM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck in 97 new off the lot. I replaced the tranmission twice, water pump, radiator, wiper motor, power steering pump twice, and the AC went out at 155000 miles. I loved this truck and would love to keep and fix it up. It has 223,000 on the small v-8 motor but needed a better mileage with fuel @ $3.50 a gallon. Everyone who rode with me thought it was such a nice truck. My lil kids love to ride with me and the fact that I could turn off the airbags, made them extremely happy.

A Great Truck
By Great truck on 11/23/07 18:34 PM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Currently at 262,000 km. This truck has been excellent. Only had to have work done on the manifold gasket twice& replaced fuel pump. I look forward to driving in it everyday. I prefer it to the newer models and hope to keep it for as long as possible. It rides nicely. I get pretty good mileage for a truck (last fill up I got 534 k.m with the tank.) I would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for a very reliable, comfortable truck.

Dependable workhorse
By Sean Ross on 02/22/07 19:43 PM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I purchased this vehicle new in 1997 and have driven it ever since. It has reliably hauled loads whenever I needed it. It has been inexpensive to maintain and comfortable to drive. After 10 years the paint is still sharp and the sound system good. I suppose I could wish for better gas mileage (16 city, 21 hwy) but I don't know any other V8 truck that would do any better.

My Awesomer Truck!
By Kid with a truck on 01/03/07 21:08 PM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Well I just got this truck from my parents, well my mom, with a whole 220 thousand miles on it! I love it! Only thing is my mom gave up on fixing the problems on it like 6 months before I got it, so I put a new heater core in, new radiator, new tires and wheels. We did have some problems with the transmission like at 160k miles, and I think the rear diff is going out.

GMC Sierra
By Dakotah on 11/26/06 19:25 PM (PST)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is the first car I have ever owned. I am quite lucky that I am able to drive something like this. Now as a younger person in the world how else am I supposed to drive this truck. I used to be hard on it.. Hard accelerating, braking, steering, offroading.. The list goes on. Really though, now I take good care of it and the only problem I have had with this truck is the manifold gasket and the drivers' seat. Other than that the fluids are fine between checkups. The truck runs great for me.

Love it
By james dietsch on 07/12/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had a lot of fun in my truck. The only real trouble was me beating on it and pushing it to the limits off roading. Otherwise can't complain!