Used 1996 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Love My Z71
By edwnek3

1996 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I got my Z71 from work. I work at a pawn shop where one of our customers needed to pawn the truck, after we had it for a few weeks he needed a second loan on it and we gave it to him. A few weeks later he asked us to just buy the truck minus what he already owed in pawn. Of course we did and I immediately began hounding the shop owner to sell it to me. I couldn't be happier with the truck. It's big and bad-ass. Fixed it up with Flowmaster exhaust, brush guard and 17" in rims. We pulled an extremely large pontoon boat out of water and across town, truck didn't even care it was back there!! 10 stars out of a possible 5!

4WD works great, climbs good offroad, plenty of power with 350. Love the 3rd door.

Would love more room behind the rear seat. Hard to fit a speaker box in it other then under the seat.

1996 gmc sierra 1500 ext cab z71 4x4 . i love it
By charles84

1996 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

i got my sierra as a early graduation present and i couldnt ask for more, the 350 has a lot power,very roomy Interior,real smooth ride to the driver and the passangers.also got the off road kit.good gas millage.my only problems so far have been brakes and routine maintaince oil changes,transmission fluid and etc.tows and hauls great,recently was towin a horse trailer and i could'nt even tell it was back there.very fun to drive.power seats are awesome specially for me,im not a small man and i still got plenty room behind the wheel.handles great to be a full size truck.like i said before i couldnt ask for more.

powerseats,execellent heat and air,great handling,great 350 power.leahter seats.4x4.

the brake pedal is alittle too soft.

great truck
By chuck

1996 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

if you want a truck that is fun to drive reliable and built to last then you will love this truck it beats ford's 96 f-150 by a long shot

4x4 ext. cab

fuel economy and me and few of my freind that have the same truck say that after a few uses their windshield wipers short short circuit but it is a cheap fix

great truck
By Tom

1996 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have only had this truck for a year but i can tell you straight out that it is one of the best trucks i have ever owned very fun to driv

5L engine fun to drive very reliable

I wish the back door opened you have to slide the seat forward to get in the back seat

Awesome Power
By JJAlmand

1996 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned this truck for two years and it is by far the best truck I've ever owned. The interior has plenty of room and the exterior looks sharp. My truck has over 200k and it still runs strong. I love the power of the 350ci V8, especially with a set of flowmaster duals. The limited-slip is another wonderful thing bout this truck. This truck is a performer and a reliable worker.

The 350ci V8. Pulls my 14ft trailer with little effort. It also shuts down those annoying little ricer cars.

A firmer shifting tranny, better tailgate design, disk brakes in rear.