Used 1995 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

great truck!!!
By brent_hxc

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck about 10 days a go with 150,000 I bought it in talala I drove it home which is about 70 mi (no pobs ever!) is fast and tows anything and every thing!. Its gets about 17 mpg and its not bad. And thats with a 350 5.7l and King cab. By Brent

Favorite Features

its got a cool work lite.

Suggested Improvements

more setting room in the back

never selling it
By bubba

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this truck is perfect for anyone looking for a dependable truck that you can make all the modifications you want. i have had a few problems (expected from a truck with 315000 miles on it) but nothing that can't be fixed yourself. the few problems i had were things that i thought were going to cost a fortune b/c of what the truck was doing. but they were not at all as bad as they seemed. if you are looking this truck is a trooper this is it, i backed in to a 03' cadillac cts it was $8000 of damage to it and all it did to my truck is push in the bumper.

100% truck
By tom galvin

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Had 1995 GMC ext cab Sierra truck for 2 yrs now and love it. Tows almost everything, strong, safe. Got in accident, no damage crushed other cars fender. Looks nice, comfortable. Second row kinda compact. Drive it all around Atlanta and north Georgia for work. Fun to drive off road. No major problems, but a/c went out 1 year ago. Keyless entry, 20 mpg average, 4wheel drive capable, can see very well at night, good get up and go. GMC perfected the truck. I'm going to give it to my son in one year when he can drive and I'm going to miss not having it everyday.

Favorite Features

Power window, all the bells and whistles, fun to drive. Makes a good effort to get around the slow lane

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable back row seating, and hard to park in small spaces

No worries for high miles
By DeDub

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my GMC with 228,000 miles on it, I did have some needed repairs that needed to happen, but it was the most fun, reliable, and just plain great car I've ever owned. Even with the high miles, all original engine, 6" lift and 35" tires, I was still getting great milage, and tons of admiring looks. I'd highly recommend GMC to any buyer.

Favorite Features

I loved the new dash design which came in 1995. The controls were easy to use and read.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the reliability/durability of the transmissions (expecting to replace them every 75K miles is silly), and the total efficiency of the engine.

P-O-W-E-R!
By HappyTexan

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Now i've seen my fair share of powerful trucks but this is the fastest out of them all.190 horses doesn't seem like much but belive me it is.Since we bought it in late 2003 we haven't had a chance to put it to the long term reliability test.We've owned (older) chevrolets,fords,and even dodges in the past but this thing stands out from the rest of them.This thing can tow like a bat out of hell and it still lets you know what it's made of.We have the Z71 package and it has an ok ride...what you'd expect from a pickup of its size and since it has a three inch lift kit it compromises the ride a bit.t gets about 13/16 as a usual truck

Favorite Features

where should i start,power seats,sliding rear window,4x4,color of the exterior,rear window make is easy to make your own by putting a glasscape window graphic on it r like i did and put my web site on it.

Suggested Improvements

STRONGER SEAT BRACKETS! in the passenger seat its like riding a bull! cooler buttons on the radio when the head lights ect. are on and put some heat rap standard on the fuse box.oh and the hazzard lights,make it to were they dont stop flashing when thetruck has the brakes on.