1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Restoration
By brianmcginnis on 08/27/11 18:45 PM (PDT)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my 94 GMC Sierra. I often think about buying a new truck but I can't part with this truck. It has a straight bench seat with a 5 speed manual trans on the floor, tons of power and runs great after 250, 000 miles. I've decided to spend the money on restoring it and am getting the speakers replaced next week and then a paint job. When the time comes to rebuild or replace the engine does anyone out there have any recommendations on the difference between a Jasper engine, Chevy crate replacement or just a major rebuild? I would greatly appreciate any advise on restoration issues.

One helluva a truck
By MudRunner51 on 06/25/10 22:52 PM (PDT)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck when my old when died. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, even more when I heard it! To date this truck has had only one major problem and that was the factory rear end locking up and breaking the ring gear and the axle passing me on the highway. This truck has done everything I've ever asked of a truck and it just keeps going. It's beautiful, and the 350 V8 is amazing and allows easy modification. Overall the best vehicle I have ever owned!!

"GREAT
By kyle helgeland on 04/20/09 14:09 PM (PDT)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this truck is great i got this as my first car, and i haven't fixed anything besides the oil lines. that was below 100. this is the z71 model.

brown bear
By Brown Bear on 03/10/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had my truck (brown bear) for over a year and it has been an amazing truck. With oover 200,000 miles under the hood and the most major mechanical problem was replacing the fuel pump. This truck is smooth and reliable. A great buy.

Awesome
By Cheese on 01/01/09 18:36 PM (PST)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for just over one year now, and haven't had any problems with it yet. Just put on new tires and dual exhaust. This truck has plenty of power pulling a trailer or anything life throws at you. The only bad thing is that im getting around 11 mpg in town, but that dosent bother me, its a truck after all. I plan to keep it till it dies.

Great Truck
By Rob on 12/04/08 20:18 PM (PST)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck from my uncle about a year ago. He bought it new in late 1993 I believe. He put the first 185,000 miles on it and I plan on driving it until it dies. The only problems that he ever had was the starter and a short in the brake lights (simple fixes) The only repairs I have done to it was a new distributor cap and wires due to a rough idle (first time the cap had ever been replaced) It does not leak or smoke at all. I average 15mpg city. Some simple modifications I have done for the appearance are: flowmaster system, 285-75-16 tires and later model stock wheels, and I cranked the torsion bars about an inch to level it out and ensure the tires do not rub off-road..

A good friend
By Mike on 03/29/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with just 6,000 miles on it in 1995. It now has 220,000! Only the expected repairs have been needed over the years such as fuel pump, alternator, radiator, fuel filter, brakes etc. I've taken very good care of it and just this last winter some rust has begun to show up at the bottom of the extended cab part and bottom of right door. I've seen others that have rusted much younger. The seats (wear like iron) and ride are very comfortable with hwy mpg of about 19. Not too bad for 14 yrs. Still, I use it for my business and need something that looks newer. I will miss this truck and would recommend one anytime. (might just give it to my daughter)

Awesome truck!
By 67Prostreet502 on 01/17/07 16:16 PM (PST)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck pulled a race car and trailer, every weekend, flawlessly for 6 yrs. We've hit the 280,000 mile mark and still going. Only problem was the gas used when towing. We switched to diesel, but still use the '94 for daily driving.

Truck that could
By Ken R on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one great truck. Purchasing the truck as a left over in 1994 loaded with everything (350 V8). In this year, buyers did not want leather and this truck sat. Sticker was $24,100 and I paid $20,660. At 10 years old the truck looks and drives like new. Bought the truck with father-in-laws reccomendation. He had every brand of truck over the past 50 years and told me nothing beats the GM truck on overall, long-term performance. He was right. I tow a 28ft travel trailer. If you can find a nice one buy it. They last forever and parts are dirt cheap.

Best Vehicle I have owned.
By jsd on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This has been a very reliable vehicle. Constantly receiving complements on the appearance. Practicle and fun at the same time. Win Win situation.