Used 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Old Blue, 94 Z71
By Tylee

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Transporting four generations of my family this has been an awesome truck. Purchase back in 96 has traveled all over the USA. Still going strong with 298000 miles this month.

Restoration
By brianmcginnis

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my 94 GMC Sierra. I often think about buying a new truck but I can't part with this truck. It has a straight bench seat with a 5 speed manual trans on the floor, tons of power and runs great after 250, 000 miles. I've decided to spend the money on restoring it and am getting the speakers replaced next week and then a paint job. When the time comes to rebuild or replace the engine does anyone out there have any recommendations on the difference between a Jasper engine, Chevy crate replacement or just a major rebuild? I would greatly appreciate any advise on restoration issues.

One helluva a truck
By MudRunner51

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck when my old when died. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, even more when I heard it! To date this truck has had only one major problem and that was the factory rear end locking up and breaking the ring gear and the axle passing me on the highway. This truck has done everything I've ever asked of a truck and it just keeps going. It's beautiful, and the 350 V8 is amazing and allows easy modification. Overall the best vehicle I have ever owned!!

V8 power, great styling, good creature comforts, just amazing overall!

Fuel mileage could be improved, but coudl be due to oversize tires and free flow exhaust. 4X4 could be upgraded with CV Joints, not U-Joints but that was fixed in later models

"GREAT
By kyle helgeland

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this truck is great i got this as my first car, and i haven't fixed anything besides the oil lines. that was below 100. this is the z71 model.

great power for anything. love 4x4 and works great. a lot of room i am 6'4" and fit in the truck fine.

better gas mileage but it isn't bad

brown bear
By Brown Bear

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had my truck (brown bear) for over a year and it has been an amazing truck. With oover 200,000 miles under the hood and the most major mechanical problem was replacing the fuel pump. This truck is smooth and reliable. A great buy.

Durability, Looks, and Performance

replacing the factory audio system was difficult and still looks funny