Used 1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

93 SL 4.3V6 8ft bed reg cab
By Tony

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the first truck I've ever owned and I can't say enough about her. This machine has never let me down and made me some extra cash.With the 4.3 liter V6 it is great on gas but sometimes underpowered on long trips with a heavy load but it's understandable. She runs like a champ & starts up on the first try every time. My wife prefers to go in the truck everywhere than our family sedan.(gotta say I feel the same).I've been everywhere with this truck up and down the east coast. She has a big 30 gallon tank so I can just keep going & going. Thought of getting a newer model but I can't part with her. Hats off to GM for this one. Love the simple styling and simplicity of maintaining this truck.

Favorite Features

Easy to work on. Truck styling. Pretty roomy for a regular cab. Ac is ice cold. 8 foot bed gives you so much room to work with. Drives like a car. Reliability and comfort. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Should of thought of tie down anchors in the bed by this time. A little more power from the v6. Digital temp control is a little weird, should of made manual controls and um, um, um. That's it.

MInt condition
By Shlayer

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I have my truck almost a year ago. I got it with 162,000 on it. This is probly the best alround truck GM has ever made. Mine came with the 4.3 V6 and 5 spd standard and i love engine and plan to a keep the 4.3 for when i do the build up on it. The paint the flawless even for being 16 years old I still have yet to see another truck this color? Its a teal green with metal flake. Its beautiful. Ill never get rid of this truck

Favorite Features

The stepside is a one of a kind in these trucks. The functionality of them and the versatility.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint is its really hard finding wheels for this truck. The five lug pattern is very uncommon i found out.

1993 GMC 1500 Sierra
By jporey

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab LB

My wife's uncle bought this brand new in 1993, so when he said he was selling his blue on blue GMC, I said sold. When I bought it from him in 06 it had 137,000. I drive it everyday and just about to hit 150,000 miles. Only thing I have had to replace was the tiger paw tires ( sounds like everyone else did too ) and 3 out of the 4 brake lines. The truck has held up very well and due to my wife's uncle passing this year the truck has a lot of sentimental value as well.

Favorite Features

Comfortable bench seat, tilt steering, cold A/C, sliding rear window, 8 foot bed.

Suggested Improvements

I have no complaints

Perfection
By UnstoppableGMC

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got this truck with 134,000miles and had it for almost 4 years, from age 16 to 20. When I got the truck, it was close to perfect, and throught the years I put a lot of money in it, but not because it tore up. I fixed it up and customized it in every way possible but not once did it ever have a major mechanical problem, just the normal things like alternator, water pump, and some electronic thing on the throttlebody. I do recommend that if you have this truck and get around 10-12 mpg that you free up the exhaust a lot. I got 15-16 mpg after running true duals with two glasspacks. My truck had 195,000 miles on it when it got totaled. Original engine and transmission, never been touched, and still drove like new

Favorite Features

350 power, nice interior, fast, incredible torque. Overall quality is great.

Suggested Improvements

No more plastic dashes.

The truck that keeps on going
By walker

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have had this truck since new and have 230,000 miles on it. I have had to replace the alternator, water pump, starter,fuel pump, and ac blower motor. All repairs are easily done by a dyi mechanic with simple tools. The engine and transmission are still going although the transmission is slipping a little now. I ran Mobile One 5W-30 in it until recently. I couldn't ask for more from a truck that has had to work as well as play.

Favorite Features

The tilt steering and seat comfort. Lots of room in the cab. Long wheel base lets me carry full sheets of plywood with the tailgate closed.

Suggested Improvements

The Tiger Paw tires that came on it were not very good in my opinion, I have been running with Michelin truck tires and wouldn't put anything elso on it.