Used 1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

K1500 5spd 350 ext cab
By jyanke

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned this truck for 3 years and love it. I rebuilt engine 10000 ago and runs good most of time. I haul 2200 pounds of brake rotors in the box once a month and hauls it like a dream. Pulled stock car for years before I bought and drove good

Interior is well put together. Reliable. Nice bodystyle. Tough truck all around

350 have a little more than 175 hp stock and get better that 12 mpg highway

I love my truck
By Bard of Moo

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This was, and still is my first vehicle. 291,000. Replaced rear end, alt, fuel pump 2x, both fuel injectors, 2 electric ignition components, ig switch, & will either rebuild or replace trans for the second time. I bought it with the bed cap (leer). I can say if I have to give up my truck for any reason, I wont be happy. She's served me for 4 years and well over 100,000. Bought used. The paint on the roof is peeling, working on it isnt always fun, rather drive, but I wont trade it for the world. Handles well. Only got stuck once. Being a small guy, I can work in the engine compartment. Smoother & quieter ride than 01 trailblazer and 97 c15 5.0 silverado sb

Spacious cargo/engine/psgr. Compartments. Less extensive computer modules than later models. Under hood drop light. Big mirrors.

Ext. Fuel pump. Rear pillar speakers easier to access, better paint, lit wind/lock &a/c controls, larger glove cmpt, rear sway bar. Dual exhaust. All minor.

Great Truck
By Rob

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my GMC truck in 95 with 49,000 miles and now have 224,000 miles with original engine and trans. Replaced common things such as starter (ac delco), alternator, compressor (to 134), and general tune up's. It's been an incredible vehicle and would recommend buying one kept in good condition because it will last a lifetime if taken care of.

Tilt comfort.

Didn't like original tires.

Ultimate Reliability
By R+A

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

With over 200,000 miles on this truck from new I think I'm qualified to tell you this vehicle is one of the best I've owned. Preventive maintenance from new and all synthetic fluids in all major components keep it running like new. No problems EVER with the 4L60E transmission, the NP transfer case (Shockproof Redline ATF used) and the motor just keeps going.

Love the 14 bolt posi rear end on this thing. Interior components tough and durable. With two kids and many long distance cross country trips, the headliner, seats and plastic still looks like new. I clean it regularly.

Stereo with cassette in separate place in dash is not well thought out. Switch gear on door is not ergonomically located as another reviewer has stated.

I recommend this Truck
By Ted R.

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Assembled in Canada. Very few mechanical problems. Alternator and wiper motor replaced. Intake manifold gasket replaced at 102,000 - common on 350ci. Easy to find parts. Has 110,000 miles & at Hwy speeds over 70mph, average 16mpg+ w/K&N Air Filter. Stationed in Germany, routinely pegged speedo on autobahn. Top speed? Has a rev-limiter, it would cut out. Plenty of power & brakes on Alpine roads. Pulled many heavy loads w/o problems. The 4x4 is must off-road & in Minnesota winters. No body rust despite road salt. Paint still good. Did not have Dealer undercoating - galvanized steel body. On 3rd muffler. Overall, very satisfied with this truck.

Accessible engine compartment. Engine hood light that is deployable - handy. A/C has never needed recharging. Has old R-12 coolant - much colder than the new R-134 stuff. It ALWAYS starts, even in -40 degrees below zero (engine block heater helps).

Design of power window/lock buttons - corrected in newer models. No airbag - that came out in 1994 model year. I like "3rd/4th door" they came out with on the ext cabs. Next time I'll skip plastic factory bedliner & try a spray-on.