Used 1993 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

93 SL 4.3V6 8ft bed reg cab
By Tony

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the first truck I've ever owned and I can't say enough about her. This machine has never let me down and made me some extra cash.With the 4.3 liter V6 it is great on gas but sometimes underpowered on long trips with a heavy load but it's understandable. She runs like a champ & starts up on the first try every time. My wife prefers to go in the truck everywhere than our family sedan.(gotta say I feel the same).I've been everywhere with this truck up and down the east coast. She has a big 30 gallon tank so I can just keep going & going. Thought of getting a newer model but I can't part with her. Hats off to GM for this one. Love the simple styling and simplicity of maintaining this truck.

Favorite Features

Easy to work on. Truck styling. Pretty roomy for a regular cab. Ac is ice cold. 8 foot bed gives you so much room to work with. Drives like a car. Reliability and comfort. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Should of thought of tie down anchors in the bed by this time. A little more power from the v6. Digital temp control is a little weird, should of made manual controls and um, um, um. That's it.

MInt condition
By Shlayer

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I have my truck almost a year ago. I got it with 162,000 on it. This is probly the best alround truck GM has ever made. Mine came with the 4.3 V6 and 5 spd standard and i love engine and plan to a keep the 4.3 for when i do the build up on it. The paint the flawless even for being 16 years old I still have yet to see another truck this color? Its a teal green with metal flake. Its beautiful. Ill never get rid of this truck

Favorite Features

The stepside is a one of a kind in these trucks. The functionality of them and the versatility.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint is its really hard finding wheels for this truck. The five lug pattern is very uncommon i found out.

K1500 5spd 350 ext cab
By jyanke

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned this truck for 3 years and love it. I rebuilt engine 10000 ago and runs good most of time. I haul 2200 pounds of brake rotors in the box once a month and hauls it like a dream. Pulled stock car for years before I bought and drove good

Favorite Features

Interior is well put together. Reliable. Nice bodystyle. Tough truck all around

Suggested Improvements

350 have a little more than 175 hp stock and get better that 12 mpg highway

1993 GMC 1500 Sierra
By jporey

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab LB

My wife's uncle bought this brand new in 1993, so when he said he was selling his blue on blue GMC, I said sold. When I bought it from him in 06 it had 137,000. I drive it everyday and just about to hit 150,000 miles. Only thing I have had to replace was the tiger paw tires ( sounds like everyone else did too ) and 3 out of the 4 brake lines. The truck has held up very well and due to my wife's uncle passing this year the truck has a lot of sentimental value as well.

Favorite Features

Comfortable bench seat, tilt steering, cold A/C, sliding rear window, 8 foot bed.

Suggested Improvements

I have no complaints

I love my truck
By Bard of Moo

1993 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This was, and still is my first vehicle. 291,000. Replaced rear end, alt, fuel pump 2x, both fuel injectors, 2 electric ignition components, ig switch, & will either rebuild or replace trans for the second time. I bought it with the bed cap (leer). I can say if I have to give up my truck for any reason, I wont be happy. She's served me for 4 years and well over 100,000. Bought used. The paint on the roof is peeling, working on it isnt always fun, rather drive, but I wont trade it for the world. Handles well. Only got stuck once. Being a small guy, I can work in the engine compartment. Smoother & quieter ride than 01 trailblazer and 97 c15 5.0 silverado sb

Favorite Features

Spacious cargo/engine/psgr. Compartments. Less extensive computer modules than later models. Under hood drop light. Big mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Ext. Fuel pump. Rear pillar speakers easier to access, better paint, lit wind/lock &a/c controls, larger glove cmpt, rear sway bar. Dual exhaust. All minor.