1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
an oldie, but a goodie
By rgito on 11/03/09 07:55 AM (PST)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This was the first new vehicle the wife and I bought...just a few months after getting married. We needed a truck to move 1000mi to our new jobs. The local GMC dealership had this truck on the lot (K1500, two tone paint, 5.7L v8, auto trans) on the lot and we took a drive and liked it. Now, almost 18 years later I have changed out a water pump, a fuel pump, a set of tires, and just recently the starter. The freon was upgraded about two years ago. Other than regular maintenance this thing has never let me down. It is still on its original brake pads! I got my money's worth with this one.

Put to sleep
By Bugeye on 09/22/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

After 17 1/2 years and 369473 hard miles, I reluctantly decided to put my '92 GMC down. The CARS rebate offer was just too tempting to pass on. To her credit, she performed flawlessly right up to the end. Parts of her are still in service as she donated organs to other neighborhood GMC/Chevy owners before the trade-in. RIP Ol' Blue, I'll miss you.

Still going
By Bugeye on 06/19/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My '92 GMC is still rolling along. Original engine and auto transmission have 360,000 miles with no major repairs. This truck is not babied and has been through 4 teenage drivers. I don't think it will ever quit.

Solid Truck
By unicorn56 on 05/17/08 17:30 PM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I got this truck from my dad, had to replace the tranmission at about 80,000. But that's what you expect when you pull a 15 ft trailor all over the mountains. After that it ran great till 179,000. The AC went out at around 160,000, and some of the interior is falling apart. But it runs great. I would still be driving it except I totaled it about a month ago.

1992 GMC Z71 Review
By Randy Hanson on 11/29/06 07:23 AM (PST)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck lasted me through 8 years in Alaska. Bought new in NM, moved to Alaska, now in NE, the only thing I replaced is the alternator, brakes, tires, battery, water pump and wiper circuit board. It has been an excellent truck and convinced me to buy another GMC truck when I finally wear this one out.

Others envy it
By Li'l Abner on 02/17/06 00:18 AM (PST)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Most of my friends who own mid-to-full size cars say this truck rides smoother and at least as quiet and comfortable inside. They are also amazed at its power. Then I tell them about the 22 mpg avg! It is impressive how well this vehicle comes off the interstate to take steep, rutted gravel and mud right-of-ways without missing a beat. It has been hauling to remote areas in WI, TN, WV, NC, MI, MS, OH and every state in the Southeast providing great comfort inside a classic pickup style. It has been trouble-free with just a new paint job after 12 years necessitated by tarp wear and vandalism - which also required the replacement/upgrade of the audio system.

Keeps going and going........
By Bugeye on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Easily the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The 4.3L V6 engine is approaching 300K miles and still running strong. I have replaced 1 water pump, 1 altenator, 2 starters, the AC compressor, and the radiator over the last 12 years. One small oil leak from the speed sensor on the transmission and that is it. The ride is smooth and the engine runs quiet. The paint has been a problem since day one, been repainted 3 times and needs another. I think I have gotten my money's worth on this one.

Best Damn Truck Built
By Studboy on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has bee the most reliable vehicle i have seen since i bought it new straight off the lot. I have put it through many phsical tests and it has passed all with flying colors. Its 10 years old now but has never had any mechanical or structural problems. it is in my opinion one of the best trucks ever built.

1992 GMC 4X4
By Ralph D. Towery on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Had no trouble. Great truck.

1992 GMC
By geissjr on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab K1500 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great reliable truck. Would highly recommend to anyone.