Used 1992 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

this ol ST
By keeth

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got a 1992 gmc sierra st reg. Cab short box. Got this truck from my dad who got it from a guy he worked with. That guy bought it brand new owned it faithfully for about 12 yrs. My dad had it faithfully for 5 did just about every thing to it. The truck was, is still in excellent shape for the year. Its a real head turning truck. I cannot find the st style in any Nada or Kelly or this page. I do know that the ss 454 was discontinued in 93 so I'm guessing the same with this.

sharp, short bed, ac still works love the 5 speed

The audio system when it went had a hard time getting it out, new one was not easy either only thing easy on it was the speakers

an oldie, but a goodie
By rgito

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This was the first new vehicle the wife and I bought...just a few months after getting married. We needed a truck to move 1000mi to our new jobs. The local GMC dealership had this truck on the lot (K1500, two tone paint, 5.7L v8, auto trans) on the lot and we took a drive and liked it. Now, almost 18 years later I have changed out a water pump, a fuel pump, a set of tires, and just recently the starter. The freon was upgraded about two years ago. Other than regular maintenance this thing has never let me down. It is still on its original brake pads! I got my money's worth with this one.

Put to sleep
By Bugeye

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

After 17 1/2 years and 369473 hard miles, I reluctantly decided to put my '92 GMC down. The CARS rebate offer was just too tempting to pass on. To her credit, she performed flawlessly right up to the end. Parts of her are still in service as she donated organs to other neighborhood GMC/Chevy owners before the trade-in. RIP Ol' Blue, I'll miss you.

Still going
By Bugeye

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My '92 GMC is still rolling along. Original engine and auto transmission have 360,000 miles with no major repairs. This truck is not babied and has been through 4 teenage drivers. I don't think it will ever quit.

Extended cab

Paint was always a problem

Solid Truck
By unicorn56

1992 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I got this truck from my dad, had to replace the tranmission at about 80,000. But that's what you expect when you pull a 15 ft trailor all over the mountains. After that it ran great till 179,000. The AC went out at around 160,000, and some of the interior is falling apart. But it runs great. I would still be driving it except I totaled it about a month ago.

17-20MPG HW not bad for a V8

Interior door handles and plastic panels break too easy

• SUV