1991 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Reliable
By weldon on 12/07/08 20:06 PM (PST)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I used to drive this truck hard every day as a ranch truck. It has been the best performing 1/2 ton 4X4 I have ever owned. There is currently 340000 miles on the original 350 engine, and it still passes CA smog tests with flying colors. The auto tranny has to be rebuilt every 100000mi. Have had electrical problems with lights and the heater controls. Other than that this is a nice truck for the year and money.

One to keep!
By like a rock on 03/29/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

It was a lease back, had 116000km on it. At 240000km rebuilt auto tranny. It has 350000km on it now and I have to get the tranny fix. It has been to Oregon. I drove it to the mountains sledding for ten years and never missed a beat. Now I pull my fishing boat and take it hunting every year. Great truck!

Great truck
By wingswomennbeer on 09/13/07 01:00 AM (PDT)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck about two years ago and have not had a problem since. Dropped a brand new engine and transmission in and it runs perfect. I have flowmaster mufflers coming off of edelbrock headers get 24 miles to the gallon on the highway with a 350 v8 which is unheard of. Runs perfect and no imperfections or complaints at all.

1991 gmc sierra reliability
By R.Mansfield on 03/18/06 12:34 PM (PST)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab LB

No serious problems except the brakes which a lot of problems with the ABS and internal failures of the front brake hoses that failed internally.

My truck
By Alan Peterson on 06/27/05 21:50 PM (PDT)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I've bought this GMC new 14 years ago. I may drive it until I retire. It's reliable and gets the job done. It hauls like a truck and rides like a car.

I'm a GM truck man, that's all I drive
By chuck rogge on 06/25/05 19:11 PM (PDT)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought the truck from a friend, and I had to put a new tranny in it before I could drive it. That is all I have had to do the truck. It has been a really good truck for me. I used to drive it to work(1200 miles a month) over a mountain pass and never let me down.

Good worker
By jankord on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Even after over ten years on the original engine, I just had to put head gaskets in and adjust the tension on the shift cable. It has over 150,000 miles and it is still going. The white paint is chipping away and has since just a couple years after it was new.

Ski's review
By iamski on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 2dr Regular Cab LB

Outstanding reliability. Bought it used with 70K on it and now have 205K with only routine maintenance. Doesn't leak a drop of any fluid and runs great. Oh yes...no rust anywhere and I'm in the midwest.

all the truck you'll ever need
By brad bell on 02/27/02 13:52 PM (PST)

1991 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab LB

The enviornment is perfect as a guy that works outdoors for a living.-25c it was warm and cosy after a day framing houses on the Manitoba praries same when mid july when the temps. were +35c that air cond. cooled off just right. At work it worked, and it is so pretty you could go to the theater in the evening and the fellas in caddys wished they were driving my GMC.