Used 1990 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

One Good American Truck
By Jake H.

1990 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck January '10, and it had 72,000 miles on it. Yes, 72,000 miles on it. I bought it from the original owner who bought it when he retired in 1989. It had only the week before had its first new set of tires in 20 years! Today, 10/22/10, this truck now has 82,000 miles on it, and has had nary a problem other than catching up on a bit of routine maintenance, a hose or two, filters, brake pads etc. It has cranked every time, and rides very well for a pickup truck. I'm looking forward to owning this truck for a very long time.

The gauges that are rotating disks instead of a needle, the light over the bed, the massive 350 V8 in this small of a truck

None. Wouldn't change a thing.

Keep on Truckin'
By lhoboy

1990 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab K1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

An '89 Acura might be more reliable, but not by much. This work horse has been abused and overloaded, has towed 3500 pound trailers over the continental divide hundreds of times, hauled hundreds of emergency professionals through several foot snowfalls, etc., etc. Makes it through stuff that the new "luxury" SUVs can't even think about. When I'm ready to replace it in another 20 years, I hope the new ones are as good.

Deep snow traction. On-the-fly 4X4 engagement. Exterior convenience lighting. Cold weather package. Stepside access to bed.

My Good Ol' Truck
By RC

1990 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck has lasted me far longer than I ever thought it would. I purchased it in late June of '05 for a massive $1,500. Almost a year later, I have had to replace only items that are reasonable considering the age and the mileage (244k) of the truck. Although I love this truck, the body is starting to show its age. The straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that the fuel pump went out on me last week, so I have decided to replace the ol' girl with a newer, lower mileage GM truck. Overall, this thing was a workhorse and loved every minute of it.

Comfortable bench seat, adequate power for a TBI 350. Reasonable gas mileage. Heat blows HOT. Power windows and locks still worked after 244k.

The only thing I could think of to improve on with these trucks would have been to have a better cab corner design, so as they didn't rot out so soon. And also, a much better fuel pump design which would allow poor people such as me to run the truck low on gas withough causing its death.. :)

Eric's Power House
By Eric Gohlke

1990 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This is a very good running truck. Add a K&N off road air system, hooker headers, and hypeteck TBI power charger. All available at jegs.com. You will be able to run with any new vortec engine. I raced a 19997 chevy truck with vortec 350 and a jet pwer programmer and I beat them.

Bull Dog of a Truck
By MT

1990 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab C1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck goes no matter what. Dependable and worth every penny I paid for it. 4.3 V-6 auto (Turbo 400) has over 200,000 miles on it, still passes e-check in Ohio, and doesn't smoke, knock, ping, or falter. Would like an extended cab even more, and one of those will be the only reason I give this one up.