Used 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 Hybrid model:

I love this truck
By Jeff

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/3HB (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I tried a small car and it just doesn't work for me. I wanted a big truck with the best mileage I could get and the Sierra Hybrid delivers big time! I am averaging between 20 - 21.5 MPG in the city and about the same on the highway. I have taken the family to the beach twice and it handles deep sand with no problems at all. The kids love all the room in the back seat. It is fun to drive. Drives really well on the interstate, plenty of power. Don't let the hybrid fool you. Had the vehicle for 3 months now and would buy it again today.

I love the folding mirrors (easy getting in and out of garage). The touch screen controls for XM are awesome - I didn't like satellite radio before with the little display screens. Of course the hybrid display is fun to watch too (my kids love it).

Not much really. A handle above the drivers door, place for sunglasses, one touch up/down for all windows, seat memory, etc. would be nice. For the same price as the Denali, they could these little features to really round out a great truck.

Sierra Hybrid 4WD 2010
By TxTruck

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/3HA (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This is a great truck, we like it better all the time and would recommend it to anyone needing a truck for work and family. Acceleration and ride are very good. The 2010 model brakes have a linear response, gear changing and engine stopping/restarting are smooth and quick, and there are more cup holders and storage compartments. After 6400 miles we had 20-22 mpg hwy (at pump), 20 mpg mixed local driving, and 19 mpg city. Gas savings estimated to be $600/yr at $3/gal and 10K mi/yr. Subtracting out $2200 hybrid tax credit, savings would pay for the difference in price in 3 years. Only one minor problem, a tire pressure sensor went out. Has an 8 year warranty on hybrid components.

Truck is solid, handles well, tows more than old F150. 4WD works well on farm, traction and braking on ice and snow are good. Roomy front and back seats, fold down storage console and lockable storage, 2 glove boxes, airbags (front, canopy, and seat side), antilock brakes, stability control.

Backup system so can see better behind when backing up because rear is high, small wide-angle mirror inserts, integrated trailer brake (a $90 add-on but should be included), ceiling storage for glasses, bed extender to 8', and wing vents (like on our old F150). Had dealer add running boards.

Better Than Critics Give Credit
By eStaR

This is a surprisingly nice vehicle and the savvy negotiator can get a good deal, make a few add-ons and end up with a really nice truck with great gas mileage. I am amazed at how quiet it can be and how real the improved gas mileage is. I think that professional critics miss the fact that many people will be coming from older trucks and so any new truck today has a lot more to offer than trucks from days past. This truck has a very solid and quiet feel to it while maintaining the versatility of a full size pickup. They run e85 Fuel as well and in KS you can get a $750 credit if you use 500 GL in a year. I am very impressed overall with this truck!

Its pretty cool to watch the truck change between 8, 4 cylinders and then electric. For those that are power hungry you have quite the power plant inside one of these trucks!

Door handle in 3HA model and Silverados can make it a little uncomfortable if you like to rest your knee on the door panel. I think Fog lights should be standard on all trucks and this one had none. Slide out Tow Mirrors would be nice as well!