Great Truck
By Melvin Brandstetter on
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid 4dr Crew Cab SB w/3HA (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)
Cruise control doesn't work well if at all down hill. Tried Asking GM customer service VIA the phone about it. But the problem with this is, they just do not know and try to read the owners manual to you, Their is no information on how it works or even if it works in the owners manual. They are providing this support from their centers around World.. (One insisted Hydromantic meant Hybrid transmission). My Dodge manual - states clearly + or - 2 MPH down hill. I took it in to my dealer and said it doesn’t hold on any hill I drive (unlike all my other vehicles’. They said they can't fix it as their GM Tec paper states it may work or it may not, depending on the hill, and to down shift.
Favorite Features
The ability to use my Cell Phone - Flawlessly through the Blue Tooth - Radio & On star. MPG in town, can't beat it if you live in a city or their is a lot of stop and go traffic. Turn by Turn Navigation. These things are great.
Suggested Improvements
Manual needs to be written by an owner and have knowledgeable phone assistance. Sun Visors are pitiful, Put some real Sun Visors on it like on a 2002 Chev-Avalanch. Truck could be lower for easer entry. Front seats need to be large, lengthen with better lumbar support. Add a working Cruise Control.