Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 Classic model:

Basic truck
By Greenlama

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Solid truck with no frills but dependable and OK gas mileage for a truck. I have a 2x4 but didn't get stuck in our large snow storm so with good tread depth it isn't too bad. I bought it for work but know I just use it to commute. I am glad I like it because truck/SUV market is in the dumps. At least my truck is a V6 so it gets about 16 city 20 freeway.

Favorite Features

Cost affordable

Suggested Improvements

Needs some more padding in door so that the door speakers don't vibrate.

Great truck for families
By 2007 SLT SIERRA

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

MY husband bought this truck for me. We have three kids, and it fits everyone comfortably. They are kept busy with the DVD system and separate entertainment system.

Favorite Features

It's hard to name just one, I like the DVD to keep the kids busy, the roominess, so everyone isn't on top of each other. I have more options than a Denali and it cost a lot less.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it offered 18" alloy rims, instead of 17" or 20"s.

207 GMC 1500
By Howard

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I puchased this GMC for the ride. I had a HD 2500 Diesel before. Bad back! I really like this truck, not just for the ride but for all the things it brings to the table. This truck is really loaded, leather,auto wipers, memory seats, adjustable brake/gas peddles, etc. The ride is wonderful! Very comfortable!

Favorite Features

This truck is loaded so a favorite feature is hard to single out. I think the overall vehicle is my best feature.

Suggested Improvements

I am thinking that the mileage should be better. 18 to 19 overall. I'm working on that with the standard hot rod tech. Hope to get in the 20 to 21 MPG

Awesome truck
By uc_husky

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck with a comfortable interior and an impressively smooth ride and quiet engine. The Z71 package helps on the bumps. The engine is powerful, sometimes it feels like I'm driving a large sedan with the acceleration and braking.Back seat in extended cab is acceptable. Awesome truck for the price (cheaper than the new styles).

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet ride. Smooth transmission. Interior with simple, self-explanatory controls. Acceleration. Amazing brakes for a truck

Suggested Improvements

Put a lock on the tailgate, please! Other than that, nice truck.

Are you sure this is an American truck?
By Speed_Racer

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SL2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

There are pros/cons to purchasing the last model year. Pros: Save thousands and all the bugs are worked out. Cons: You don't have the latest (not always the greatest). Thus far, the Sierra has really surprised me. The comfort of this truck is amazing. This is one of the quietest vehicles I have owned. Quieter than my Camry's, Nissan's,and Honda's. And it's a truck?

Favorite Features

Excellent quiet ride. Body styling will last for years to come. Roomy interior. Back seat passengers always make good remarks about the amount of space.

Suggested Improvements

Interior looks outdated. The "Delco" radio is so 90's. Other than that, there is no doubt I will be sick of driving this truck before it will die. This truck is a testament to how far US manufacturers have come.