Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 Classic model:

GM JUNK
By Dave from Md

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

problem with cat converter,trans took a crap at 80000,numerous lights out on dash panel,just recently the check engine light came on.not well put together,i always thought that gmc was a tuff truck,i guess i was wrong.the one good thing is the cat converter and trans were covered under warranty.but the trans took 3 weeks to fix with no loaner car,that was tough to go that long without my truck.i will be very worried after 100000 mi,i guess i should start saving now or trade it in.

Favorite Features

comfortable seats and the 100000 mi warranty

Suggested Improvements

BUILD IT BETTER!it seems like this truck was thrown together by people who were half asleep.give a loaner car when warranty work is done on the vehicle,NOT EVERYONE HAS 2 OR 3 VEHICLES IN THEIR DRIVEWAY.

Solid, Well-Built & Exceptional Value
By Mike

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is a base vehicle chosen for utility and value. Only options are cruise, A/C and Limited Slip Differential. After over two and a half years and 34,000 miles I couldn't be much happier. I have yet to have a single problem with it. It has a lot of utility, ride is smooth and it's quiet for a truck - and more comfortable than any car I've driven or ridden in. Fit and finish is outstanding. Ergonomics are excellent Highly recommended

Favorite Features

Ride, Quality, Dependability, Styling, Value, Mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Glove Box could be bigger

i like mine
By wreckerman9

So far I'm satisfied with the ride, handling, comfort, and dependability. The mpg Is awesome, as I'm getting 25+ hwy, and 23 around town, with the v-6,4. 3l, I recently went thru 6 states, to see a sick family member, and the long range fuel mileage was great. The trucks seems to be well worth the price I paid, and I've had no problems in 2 years.

Favorite Features

the 38 gal. fuel tank,dual a/c,and 17''tires

Basic truck
By Greenlama

Solid truck with no frills but dependable and OK gas mileage for a truck. I have a 2x4 but didn't get stuck in our large snow storm so with good tread depth it isn't too bad. I bought it for work but know I just use it to commute. I am glad I like it because truck/SUV market is in the dumps. At least my truck is a V6 so it gets about 16 city 20 freeway.

Favorite Features

Cost affordable

Suggested Improvements

Needs some more padding in door so that the door speakers don't vibrate.

Sierra 1500
By DOUG

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The overall quality of this heavily discounted truck is finally approaching the Asian level. Fit is rather OK, but the finish is excellent, both inside and out. Engine is very quiet, smooth, and the power is more than adequate. A/C is superb, and the full compliment of gauges is quite welcomed. EPA shows 16/21 and thus far I'm realizing close to that. Have always had 4WD trucks for useless reasons, and the difference in 2WD ride quality/mileage is astounding. I would recommend opting for the locking rear axle though, as the low end torque placed on the standard axle simply overwhelms the drive tire in certain situations. So far this very handy vehicle is all and more than advertised.

Favorite Features

Extended sun visors, engine hour meter, 17" rims and 245 rubber. Having all the gauges is wonderful feature for many drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Needs at least a 5 spd auto transmission. Recirculating ball steering is too slow, but the new truck will have rack and pinion which will be a vast improvement. The interior materials are just OK, but not bad for a work truck. This too will be addressed in the new truck.