2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 Classic model:
Can't beat it at 40 below
By George J. Murphyi on 02/12/10 15:49 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of trucks, Dodges, Chevy's etc. This truck has never disappointed me. First year I had it I took off down the Alcan to Minnisota to pick up a camper trailer. I towed it to Seattle, and then back to Fairbanks, AK, where I live. This was in January, and all the winter frills to go with the trip.It didn't miss a beat, and when it is -40 I just heat the remote start, and warm it up. The auto 4WD is a great feature, especially here where it is slick from time time. I've been eye balling the Terrain but my wife hid the checkbook, says my GMC Cadillac in disguise is enough.

GM JUNK
By Dave from Md on 10/31/09 10:48 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

problem with cat converter,trans took a crap at 80000,numerous lights out on dash panel,just recently the check engine light came on.not well put together,i always thought that gmc was a tuff truck,i guess i was wrong.the one good thing is the cat converter and trans were covered under warranty.but the trans took 3 weeks to fix with no loaner car,that was tough to go that long without my truck.i will be very worried after 100000 mi,i guess i should start saving now or trade it in.

Solid, Well-Built & Exceptional Value
By Mike on 06/30/09 14:52 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is a base vehicle chosen for utility and value. Only options are cruise, A/C and Limited Slip Differential. After over two and a half years and 34,000 miles I couldn't be much happier. I have yet to have a single problem with it. It has a lot of utility, ride is smooth and it's quiet for a truck - and more comfortable than any car I've driven or ridden in. Fit and finish is outstanding. Ergonomics are excellent Highly recommended

i like mine
By wreckerman9 on 04/09/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

So far I'm satisfied with the ride, handling, comfort, and dependability. The mpg Is awesome, as I'm getting 25+ hwy, and 23 around town, with the v-6,4. 3l, I recently went thru 6 states, to see a sick family member, and the long range fuel mileage was great. The trucks seems to be well worth the price I paid, and I've had no problems in 2 years.

I really like this truck
By Steve on 08/11/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SL2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have made four trips from Houston TX to the DC area, a trip to the mountains (off-road) in Colarado, as well as my daily commute. This truck rides and drives great with a comfortable cab. The 5.3 liter V8 provides the power I want without losing the MPG of a larger engine. Could it be improved, sure. Probably has in the newer model. I would add storage capacity in-cab, as well as more functionality for cup holders and the like. I consistently get 15 MPG in town, and 20 MPG on the road. Who would not want more? But that's probably as good as any full size truck. Would I buy again? You bet.

Basic truck
By Greenlama on 07/04/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Solid truck with no frills but dependable and OK gas mileage for a truck. I have a 2x4 but didn't get stuck in our large snow storm so with good tread depth it isn't too bad. I bought it for work but know I just use it to commute. I am glad I like it because truck/SUV market is in the dumps. At least my truck is a V6 so it gets about 16 city 20 freeway.

Great truck for families
By 2007 SLT SIERRA on 06/21/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

MY husband bought this truck for me. We have three kids, and it fits everyone comfortably. They are kept busy with the DVD system and separate entertainment system.

207 GMC 1500
By Howard on 10/16/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I puchased this GMC for the ride. I had a HD 2500 Diesel before. Bad back! I really like this truck, not just for the ride but for all the things it brings to the table. This truck is really loaded, leather,auto wipers, memory seats, adjustable brake/gas peddles, etc. The ride is wonderful! Very comfortable!

Awesome truck
By uc_husky on 06/15/07 15:06 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck with a comfortable interior and an impressively smooth ride and quiet engine. The Z71 package helps on the bumps. The engine is powerful, sometimes it feels like I'm driving a large sedan with the acceleration and braking.Back seat in extended cab is acceptable. Awesome truck for the price (cheaper than the new styles).

Are you sure this is an American truck?
By Speed_Racer on 12/19/06 09:30 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SL2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

There are pros/cons to purchasing the last model year. Pros: Save thousands and all the bugs are worked out. Cons: You don't have the latest (not always the greatest). Thus far, the Sierra has really surprised me. The comfort of this truck is amazing. This is one of the quietest vehicles I have owned. Quieter than my Camry's, Nissan's,and Honda's. And it's a truck?