Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 Classic model:

Can't beat it at 40 below
By George J. Murphyi

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of trucks, Dodges, Chevy's etc. This truck has never disappointed me. First year I had it I took off down the Alcan to Minnisota to pick up a camper trailer. I towed it to Seattle, and then back to Fairbanks, AK, where I live. This was in January, and all the winter frills to go with the trip.It didn't miss a beat, and when it is -40 I just heat the remote start, and warm it up. The auto 4WD is a great feature, especially here where it is slick from time time. I've been eye balling the Terrain but my wife hid the checkbook, says my GMC Cadillac in disguise is enough.

The comfort in the seats, with the heated option is great. The power is there, and the truck is the right size for heavy traffic and parking. On long rides my butt doesn't get sore, and the sound system is great too!

Better gas mileage. A bigger or two fuel tank option would be great.

GM JUNK
By Dave from Md

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

problem with cat converter,trans took a crap at 80000,numerous lights out on dash panel,just recently the check engine light came on.not well put together,i always thought that gmc was a tuff truck,i guess i was wrong.the one good thing is the cat converter and trans were covered under warranty.but the trans took 3 weeks to fix with no loaner car,that was tough to go that long without my truck.i will be very worried after 100000 mi,i guess i should start saving now or trade it in.

comfortable seats and the 100000 mi warranty

BUILD IT BETTER!it seems like this truck was thrown together by people who were half asleep.give a loaner car when warranty work is done on the vehicle,NOT EVERYONE HAS 2 OR 3 VEHICLES IN THEIR DRIVEWAY.

Solid, Well-Built & Exceptional Value
By Mike

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is a base vehicle chosen for utility and value. Only options are cruise, A/C and Limited Slip Differential. After over two and a half years and 34,000 miles I couldn't be much happier. I have yet to have a single problem with it. It has a lot of utility, ride is smooth and it's quiet for a truck - and more comfortable than any car I've driven or ridden in. Fit and finish is outstanding. Ergonomics are excellent Highly recommended

Ride, Quality, Dependability, Styling, Value, Mileage.

Glove Box could be bigger

i like mine
By wreckerman9

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

So far I'm satisfied with the ride, handling, comfort, and dependability. The mpg Is awesome, as I'm getting 25+ hwy, and 23 around town, with the v-6,4. 3l, I recently went thru 6 states, to see a sick family member, and the long range fuel mileage was great. The trucks seems to be well worth the price I paid, and I've had no problems in 2 years.

the 38 gal. fuel tank,dual a/c,and 17''tires

I really like this truck
By Steve

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SL2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have made four trips from Houston TX to the DC area, a trip to the mountains (off-road) in Colarado, as well as my daily commute. This truck rides and drives great with a comfortable cab. The 5.3 liter V8 provides the power I want without losing the MPG of a larger engine. Could it be improved, sure. Probably has in the newer model. I would add storage capacity in-cab, as well as more functionality for cup holders and the like. I consistently get 15 MPG in town, and 20 MPG on the road. Who would not want more? But that's probably as good as any full size truck. Would I buy again? You bet.

The ride, the quiet cab, as well as the steering wheel controls for the stereo which I never though tI would appreciate.

Cab refinement