Used 2008 GMC Savana Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Savana Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Savana model:

Fuel sucker & poor quality
By Bruno661

2008 GMC Savana Van LS 3500 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've always been a GM guy, but this van has really been a disappointment. The first day off the lot the windshield was hit by two separate SMALL stones causing the windshield to CRACK. Very poor quality glass. AC also went bad within 6 months. We struggle to get 10mpg city or highway. I think ONE time I got 12mpg on the highway. Towing my trailer I was lucky to get 6mpg. Probably wouldn't buy again.

Looks good for a 15 passager van. Probably sharpest one on the road IMO.

GM really needs to get their act in gear. It's no wonder they are on the brink of bankruptcy. I won't buy another GM product. I've had 6 and this is my last.

Great for vacation
By brandon

2008 GMC Savana Van LS 1500 3dr Van AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very good in snow and provides smooth acceleration. The 4 speed auto is a little whiny. If you drive up a lot of hills, get the 6.0 v8 because it is a tad stronger off the line. My family loves this van. I'm planning my vacation in Catskills and all wheel drive will be helpful

Lot of room and easy to maneuver. Also that it is an eight cylinder compared to Dodge Sprinter

Add tachometer. Make power off the line in 5.3 a little more swift. Also fuel economy 11 city 21highway