Used 2001 GMC Savana Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 GMC Savana Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Savana model:

Excellent Family Alternative to SUV's
By hurstcastle

2001 GMC Savana Van SLT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle has proven very reliable over the past 6+ years, rides exceptionally and served our family very well. Would pick this vehicle any day over a SUV. Tons of features in SLT package!

Entertainment system is like no other factory OEM package offered by others. 12 speaker Bose w/ surround. Passengers can play games / watch movies independent of each other.

Put DVD up front vs VCP.

Need better side mirrors
By 3500 savanah van

2001 GMC Savana Van 3500 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I use my van mostly to pull my fishing boat to the ocean. The van needs side mirrors that extend out, for better visibility when backing up in tight spaces. Iíve seen some nice ones on Ford pickups. Some mirrors extend and retract and fold against the truck when not driving. I love my van. I just stow all my fishing gear in holders. Just lock the van and you're ready for the next trip.

It is a very versatile vehicle. You can leave all your tools and fishing gear in side when you get home late. Haul sheet rock and lumber in the rain. Sleep if you're working or traveling a long way on vacation or fishing trip. Really great.

Side mirrors, and back-up signal. I once backed into a motorcycle in my blind spot. Couldn't see it in any mirror or by looking out the back windows.