Used 1999 GMC Savana Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 GMC Savana Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Savana model:

Great Van
By Great Van

1999 GMC Savana Van G1500 SLE 3dr Van

I purchased this van to replace my 3rd Astro Van. I needed something that could tow with confidence and not give up comfort. I landed on a GMC Savana with the 5.7 and an Explorer low top conversion. I purchased the van with 94,000 miles. The van runs and drive great and now has 107,000 miles. Only problem to date was the A/C went at about 105,000 miles. I love the van, although the gas milage is about 3-5 miles less on average than the Astro, but it makes up for it in overall comfort and the ability to tow my 14 foot enclosed trailer and motorcycle through the mountains of North Carolina with ease.

High riding position gives great view down the road. Rear fold out bed. Dual A/C and heat. Comfortable leather seating. DVD/TV set up.

Better A/C compressor. The A pilars are a giant blind spot.

GMC Savana diesel
By Rob AMOS

1999 GMC Savana Van G2500 SLE 3dr Ext Van

Great van. We use it to tow the US Bobsled to shows. Gives great power and fuel mileage for such a large van. I'm looking foward to buying the new GM Diesel van. We also take it to a lot of Nascar Races. We are very active in racing selling our products to several teams and sponsor several teams. It's not uncommen to see Nascar drivers catching a ride in our van. It can seat 15 people. All in all very satisfied.

Good power, great fuel economy. 24MPG hwy, 18 towng hwy. And I can bring 15 of my friends with me.

GM needs to use better materials for interior trim ,such as the door panels.