Overall excellent
By Shane Henderson on
2003 GMC Savana Cargo 2500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Have had one major problem since I bought it new a few years ago. The pas-lock security feature disables the fuel injection so that it won't start. The dealer replaced the computer and it malfunctioned again within a couple days. I cleaned the electrical contacts on the doors and it hasn't messed up since. But it nearly left me stranded. I am not completely sure that was it but it has been a while since it had the problem. Other than that, the van has been great. A driveshaft seal is starting to leak and the dealer wants almost $500 to fix it. My van has about 63,000 miles on it now. Engine has awesome horsepower too.V8.
Favorite Features
Favorite by far is the AWD. It also came with a posi-trac rear end so I never get stuck in snow. I feel very safe when driving this in the Colorado mountains. The engine power is also most excellent with not too shabby fuel economy.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the pas-lock security garbage. Check internet websites on this and you will see a lot of unhappy people who have this waste of poor technology. It is difficult to impossible to disable this thing. Also, the transmission could work a little better when going up hills.