2003 GMC Savana Cargo Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Savana Cargo model:
03 AWD Savana Cargo "Doors Galore"
By savanaman on 03/02/11 05:54 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Savana Cargo Van 1500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my van ! I have had vans all my life but the modern AWD , rack and pinion , all wheel disc , full size Savana drives like a Cadillac and I get 17 mpg consistently when its not brutally cold . I live in Minnesota . I had reservations about the drivers side double doors as I had never had that option before , I soon realized that when you jump out of your truck but need to reenter to grab something you are hauling around you can't beat drivers side double doors for access ! I drove over 100,000 miles before my Brakes needed pads and have had except for some minor door switch partial failures "No Problems" with my truck ! Did I say "I Love This Truck" ?

Overall excellent
By Shane Henderson on 02/18/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Savana Cargo Van 2500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had one major problem since I bought it new a few years ago. The pas-lock security feature disables the fuel injection so that it won't start. The dealer replaced the computer and it malfunctioned again within a couple days. I cleaned the electrical contacts on the doors and it hasn't messed up since. But it nearly left me stranded. I am not completely sure that was it but it has been a while since it had the problem. Other than that, the van has been great. A driveshaft seal is starting to leak and the dealer wants almost $500 to fix it. My van has about 63,000 miles on it now. Engine has awesome horsepower too.V8.

Cargo Van
By Steven on 02/11/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Savana Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We use this van in our air conditioning business. It carries about 2,000 pounds of racks, equipment and tools daily and is a workhorse. After almost 50,000 miles it has had no major problems and runs great. The brakes are huge 4 wheel discs and the pads are still original. It's a perfect fit for our business.

I love my GMC
By Thomas Dankert on 01/12/06 09:43 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Savana Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003 Savana 2500 extended van has surpassed my expectations. I love my van and couldn't imagine performing my job without it. 83,000 miles in 3 yrs and it's still running as good as the day I bought it. I highly recommend it.

Excellent Cargo Van!
By forever4 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Savana Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this for utility, and was not expecting a lot, but this van rides fantastic, steers and handles well, is tight and quiet, very comfortable seats, and great power and 18 MPG on the 5300 V8!!!!!