2001 GMC Savana Cargo Consumer Review: 2001 makes additional quality

2001 GMC Savana Cargo - Consumer Review

2500 Cargo Van (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

2001 makes additional quality improves
By Proshooter on

2001 GMC Savana Cargo 2500 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The 2001 2500 was the first vehicle I factory ordered as soon as it was available. Although it took nearly 10 weeks to deliver I found that the quality is even higher than my 1997. The Savana 2500 gives me a smooth ride and power to spare. While the mileage could be better, at 16 MPG it's way better than the 10+MPG I was getting my the used mid '80s vans. The only problem I've experienced is that the seat belt does not always retract and sometimes gets caught in the door. I ordered the power heated mirrors which are helpful having no rear windows. For the money I will definitely be looking at the GMC again next time around.

Power and size, I can smoke the tires and even big SUV get out of my way. The large windshield and door windows are much better than the competitions models and combined with the power mirrors make manuvering without any rear windows much easier.

Seat belt retraction could be better.