2003 GMC Safari - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Safari model:
truly the best vehicle we ever had
By mesh7 on 04/30/13 10:30 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Safari AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

our 2003 gmc safari is the best vehicle i could ever hope for . weve put over 200.000 miles on it and almost no maintence. it never breaks down and all weve had to replace is fuel pump and alternator. This van is perfect and i ABSOLUTELY recommend it . GMC did a great job with this one . VERY RELIABLE

Great van
By john on 03/04/08 18:20 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Safari AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The van been great, had an issue with the abs for a while but the dealer fixed it when I suggested that I wasn't coming back for a GMC. We have used the van on 4000k road trips good on gas 1700km per tank at 80kph, went up fire accesss roads and crossed streams when Honda and other failed. We had to pick them up and bring them to the camp site. You can drive it anywhere and carry 6 adults and luggage and shopping back from the road trips. Just finished trip down to have upgraded brakes to cross drilled vented front vented rear. Really stops now. Looking for new tires next. Only 65k on the van so will be around for awhile.

Third Astro or Safari/love them all
By lobo55 on 10/30/05 15:40 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Safari AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Since I realize that they are built on a truck body, I have no disappointments with the ride. They are quality built and can tow my large Coleman pop-up camper anywhere in the country, including the Rocky mountains. My other two had well over 200,000 miles with very little maintenance and I am confident that this one will be just as satisfying

2003 GMC Safari
By Brian Schneider on 03/04/05 11:22 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Safari AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Safari we have owned. While dated in style and design- the AWD, spaciousness, towing capacity and fuctionality make it a good good value for the price. Very functional for hauling kids, towing the boat and packing full of gear for hunting/fishing trips. Both of our vehicle have been reliable w/ minimal need for service other than routine maintenance.

GMC Safari
By Tim Brautigan on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Safari AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Good: It certainly provides more interior and cargo space than most minivans. The engine is more powerful than other minivans with a 4.3 litre v6. More towing power than other minivans. Bad: Interior quality, fuel economy, rattling, reliability, stiff ride, no driver side sliding door. GMC/Chevy should offer a optional v8 power on these vans and give more luxury options available. I own the SLT AWD model and there is no available premium sound systems, onstar, or heated seats, or dvd player to name a few.

GMC power!
By Charlton Salandanan on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Safari Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice to drive, Very roomy, good torque and Ideal for family use!