2000 GMC Safari Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Gmc Safari - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Safari model:

2000 Safari Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
gm come clean
By santa claus

2000 GMC Safari SL 3dr Minivan AWD

bought a 2000.early fluid problems and 57000 miles trans failed. the electronic trans has serious flaws. light weak parts destined to fail. the sun and 1870 code /lose reverse/ valves wear out. had tranny problems under warrannty and got the gm run around . the typical ,could not duplicate problem so they didn't fix nothing. now I sit with a $2000 + repair bill. lots of gm vechiles have this tranny. I am tireing of gm's we have no problems additude, and as long as they get past the 36,000 mile warranty. they don't give a hoot the price of these vechicles they should LAST A LOT LONGER. john q public is getting ripped off.

Favorite Features

like the automatic all wheel drive and the interior functionality for haulin people and your stuff. they need to get there mechanical @##*^^ together though.

Suggested Improvements

come clean with major mechanical problems that are occurring. offer longer standard drivetrain warranty.

Good Van
By L Mummau

2000 GMC Safari SLT 3dr Minivan

Bought New as leftover, had minor electrical problems, rides nice and has lots of torque. Towing is a breeze. Air conditioner not as cold as I like. A sled on Ice, Snow or heavy rain. Hauls a lot easily. Happy with vehicle so far. Like all GM's I've owned are put together a little sloppy. Engine & Tranny Strong.

Favorite Features

Ride, driving position. Towing. Interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Colder air, more attention to detail. Thirsty van.

nice veh.but the gas mileage
By throgo

2000 GMC Safari SLE 3dr Minivan

mileage will kill you if you live in the country as i do.just a trip to publix cost you.don't know if the rest are as bad but,14 city and 18 hwy stinks.as the pontiac dealers were telling me they were easily getting 21 hwy.live and learn.i'm going to hyundai to check out the santa fe

Suggested Improvements

better milage and comfort for driver leg room

Wish I hadn't bought it
By J McCluskky

2000 GMC Safari SLE 3dr Minivan

I have a '90 Chevy Astro van, so I thought a 2000 Safari would be better. Not so. Had transmissions at 8500 mi. and at 22000 mi. A/C compressor has been replaced at 5000 mi. Engine has a random stumble and sometimes dies, but dealer cannot duplicate and repair. The exhaust tone in the rear of the van is obnoxious. I also find the drivability of the drive train less than it should be.

Favorite Features

Good size van, will carry a lot and pull our camper.

Suggested Improvements

This could be a great van, but serious problems need to be addressed.

Family buggy
By d little

2000 GMC Safari SLE 3dr Minivan

Good gas miliage compaired to ford windstar. a lot more room. Can tow a trailer with it even though the ford had the 3.8 liter v6 prior to this we had a Contour that got about fourteen miles to the gallon so twenty seems great.

Favorite Features

The room the air conditioning much better than windstar

Suggested Improvements

Fourth sliding door with running boards my three year old has trouble getting in