1995 GMC Safari - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Safari model:
very good automobile
By David Peth on 07/09/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Safari SLT 3dr Minivan

I bought this vehicel in 1995 it had 13000 miles and has been a great car but now the gas milage is so bad that I need to trade.

Third Review on this Safari in 3 Years
By Southern Moon on 11/14/05 15:11 PM (PST)

1995 GMC Safari SLT 3dr Minivan

Two previous reviews by me. 07/12/02 and 07/24/03. Again now 11/14/05. Tripped 300K a while back. Almost 304,000 today. The best vehicle we've ever owned. Strong, strong engine still. NO OIL USE. Reliable to the max. No trouble except some flaking paint but even that's not bad. Last spark plugs changed about 150,000 miles ago. NEVER HAD A TUNE UP in 8-1/2 years. I tried to sell this Safari at 239K at a giveaway price but nobody bit- not that I blame them but it's still in great shape mechanically and still looks good too. We bought a GMC Suburban based on how this GMC had been but it's not as reliable as the Safari and the Suburban with about 100K does need oil at changing time.

Second Time Around
By Southern Moon Again on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Safari SLT 3dr Minivan

If you'll look, I wrote a review 07/12/02 on this same vehicle. Now passing into the 260K mileage range, I just wanted to again say that GMC makes one reliable ride. In fact, since then we've added to (not replaced) our GMC family with a Suburban that after the first 25K seems to be as solid as the Safari that I still drive every single day. 260K: no oil usage, no loss of power, good looking. I can't say enough good things about the GMC Safari.

Great Minivan
By Southern Moon on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Safari SLT 3dr Minivan

My wife and I bought a '95 Safari used in May of '97 with 80,000 miles on it. Knowing how much we drive and knowing that we don't hurt our vehicles with highway miles, we decided to buy it. I can't possibly explain here what a wonderful minivan it's been. No electrical trouble (like some say), no drivetrain trouble, no engine trouble, solid as a rock. We've done regular routine maintenance type things but if ever you wanted to read about a satisfied GM product customer, I'm him. Gas mileage 20+, set of tires every 65-75K, brakes twice lifetime, oil/air filter every 4K- that's about all you do.