Used 1990 GMC S-15 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-15 model:

Great little truck
By emmel

1990 GMC S-15 2dr Club Coupe 4WD SB

I have been driving this truck for the last 2 years. It still has stock clutch that has no problems. I put on larger tires P225 75 R15 than the stock P205. This truck has enough power to tow my smoker craft boat and is very realible on long trips. It's OK on gas.

Favorite Features

The best feature is the 4 wheel drive on this truck. This truck sits a little low, but it makes up for its ablity to get out of mud and snow.

Suggested Improvements

The only little problem is that it sits too low making 4x4 a little tricky. There isn't anything that could stop this truck.

it's ok
By hobbes09

1990 GMC S-15 Sierra Classic 2dr Regular Cab LB

When I 1st bought this truck in 2000, i was impressed with the power output from the engine,4.3 v6. Long bed is nice to have since I was in the construction business. Many many repairs though. Alternator just went out at 150K. the tranny is going out at 150K. The AC is still good surprisingly. The digital dashboard only works half the time, sometimes even the speedometer wont light up.power door locks dont work anymore.

Favorite Features

powerful engine, cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

bad gas mileage, lots of little stuff needing to be repaired, seems every other month Im back in the shop. need center console and better suspension.