2000 GMC Jimmy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jimmy model:
No problems...period.
By txrngr34 on 03/05/02 23:54 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Jimmy SLS Convenience 2dr SUV

I love mine, it's problem-free (so far [knock on wood]) and is fun to drive. Would've liked to have the 4wd, but oh well, such is life. I didn't see paying the extra $$$ for it when I probably wouldn't use it for anything practical. It's still a great 2dr SUV. I test drove several others out there before buying. This one made me want to purchase right there (which I did).

Rattle Box
By BigDad77 on 03/02/02 18:12 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Jimmy SLS Convenience 2dr SUV

I leases this SUV new in 2000. All I can say is it spark knox, every piece of cheap plastic inside rattles, the tailgate release broke, the steering makes a popping snap sound, the handle to recline the front seat snapped off. I only have 13,000 miles and I should of kept my 7 year old Explorer.

This GMC should be called POS
By pmoore on 02/28/02 18:20 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Jimmy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

What a piece of %^&*( this vehicle has been. The first six months we owned it, it was in the shop for 8 weeks total because of nagging problems with the anti theft system locking up and making the engine shut dow or not start at all. Loads of rattles, brake noise and squeeks. Plus the infamous "vortec" engine sounds worse than a John Deere tractor...lots of metalic thrashing when under acceleration.