Used 2000 GMC Jimmy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 GMC Jimmy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jimmy model:

My James
By judi

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV

I love my SUV, have always loved sitting up a little higher than in a low sedan style. I bought this one used with 52000 m. on it. Had some trouble with electrical. Hubby thinks it went thru Katrina flood but I don't! It has suddenly quit after on a couple instances of long trips-always during hot season- just all electrical quit, had to call AAA once--another time just waited side of the road 1 or 2 minutes, and it started right up and ran ok. Seemed like when it heated up, air running, etc. it happened. No one could ever explain or figure out the problem. So, consequestly, I do not have the confidence I should have in this particular Jimmy. Always loved them before.

4WD. Great traction. Great looking SUV. Easy parking.

Visibility. Less noise.

Jimmy, OK!
By cardude1

2000 GMC Jimmy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

The SUV is pretty good! Some things have gone bad on it like the ball joints and the catalytic converter is going bad right now but overall it is a good SUV!

4X4 is great and reliable. Never got stuck and I live in Wisconsin!

More power!

Beautiful
By Trena S.

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my truck for a while now. I bought it used with fairly high mileage. All in all I am extremely impressed. The gas mileage could be better but the comfort and reliability make up for it by far. I have changed my oil every 2500 miles and havent had any real problem with it yet. I would reccommend this vehicle to anyone.

I like how even for an older model vehicle now, everything is still at your fingertips with the push of a button. Very convenient.

The only improvement I would reccommend is a stronger rear wiper motor. Jimmy's and the like, are known for this subtle yet a little costly, issue. Other than that I have no complaints.

Never again
By eb

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV

Although I love the way this SUV looks it's been nothing but problems since buying it new. The hazard switch was replaced, 4 wheel drive speed sensor, rear main seal and oil pan gasket, pinion seal and now there is another oil leak in the front of the vehicle. This is the third Jimmy I've owned and will not purchase a GMC again since each one has had succeedingly more problems. This 2000 has been the worst for mechanical problems.

Looks great, handles well, comfortable to drive.

Mechanically has lots of problems

Worst SUV ever
By Wyn

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV was bought brand new. Not a month into driving it had to have the ball joints done. The problems just kept going from there. In total, the ball joints have been replaced 8 times. The master cylinder has been replaced 5 times. Brakes every year and rotors almost every time the brakes get done. Gas gauge sensor had to be fixed. ABS module is broken. Heater core is broken. Shocks need to be done almost every year. Multifunction switch had to be replaced. New battery about once a year. 4x4 gets stuck. There are so many things that need to be done, I don't think I've listed nearly all of the problems. I used to think that this Jimmy just happened to be a lemon but now I know better.

The only things I can say is that it is nice to look at and it can be fun to drive when it's not broken down.

Everything.