Used 1999 GMC Jimmy SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 GMC Jimmy SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jimmy model:

My 99 Jimmy SLE is GREAT
By brothermike777

1999 GMC Jimmy SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a 99 Jimmy with only 76k on it from Enterprise Leasing company. It had some small issues that were an easy fix. I can't say its good on fuel but I can tell you it has always ran awesome,is so comfortable with many toys and most of all it feels sturdy and safe to drive. I had a Toyota pickup I loved but when I got hit it crumbled like an aluminum can. I know this truck would stand up in any accident situation due to its sturdy construction and placement of its 2nd generation airbags. Im extremely happy with it with no issues. I wish the rest of you the best with your issues. I know one thing I have always maintained it with proper dealer advised fluid changes and lubrication.GoodLuck

1999 GMC JIMMY Owner
By unhappy owner

1999 GMC Jimmy SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

Not very impressed with it the handle to recline the seat on the driver's side is broke off, smells of antifreeze when the heat is on, can't use drivers side door because it won't stay closed, the rear wiper motor doesn't work, makes a crunching noise when turning, buttons for the 4wd broke, leaks on passenger door when it rains. Doesn't start when it's real cold out.

Like the power it has when you depress the gas pedal,sits up high so it doesn't feel like you're riding on the ground, like the 4wd part, interior is nice.

Wouldn't own another one though don't like how much work it needs gets to expensive. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either. Good for the junk yard cost to much to keep running.

Been a good vehicle
By Mitch

1999 GMC Jimmy SUV SLT 4dr SUV

We traded a big Ford van for our Jimmy and it took us a while to be satisfied, but finally decided we had done a good thing. This Jimmy has given us good service with probably just a little over average repairs. We have put probably 60,000 miles on our Jimmy and am now considering getting another vehicle. Since we can no longer buy a Studebaker, I don't really know what we may get. Everything is so expensive today especially for old folks who are on a broken income.

Always got us where we wanted to go in at least modest comfort.

Fewer electronic controls to go bad, more old-fashioned technology. Found out electronics in transmission could cost 1800 to replace. Fainted dead away.

Never left me stranded
By LOVE MY JIMMY

1999 GMC Jimmy SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jimmy in 01. now has 200,000 miles. so far i have replaced the alternator the starter the fuel pump the cooling system with the heater core because of the GM dex cool anti freeze it came with it turns out it actually doesn't last 5 years or 150,000 miles. oh and CV joints all of this in the last few years of ownership and it all didn't happen back to back. It runs like a champ to this day and I get the best gas mileage any SUV has ever seen. all the repairs I made are just what happens with a vehicle that gets driven daily come on people its not a honda take care of your truck do all the upkeep on time. It's easier to fix a used car than pay a new car payment every month.

push button four wheel drive. And that it's paid off already.

If I could have got one with a sun roof I would be set.

Don't buy a Jimmy
By Jimmy

1999 GMC Jimmy SUV SLT 4dr SUV

So far I've replaced the alternator , water pump,starter,4-wheel drive actuator,radiator,fuel pump,fuel filter,driver's side window motor,heater core is now out.I once had the cruise control stick while I was exiting the interstate . It was almost devastating.If you like working on cars or paying a mechanic then this is the vehicle for you.My wife had to have this vehicle and I gave in.Now we're both paying for it . Just to let you know the fuel filter costs $9.00 the tool to take it off with costs $15.00 .Buy anything other than G.M. .OR for that matter American made.Toyota , Nissan, Hyundai , Honda all build vehicles that are rated at the 200,000 mile mark. The American made 100,000 miles

none