Used 1995 GMC Jimmy Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 GMC Jimmy - Consumer Reviews

1995 GMC Jimmy

View reviews for a specific Jimmy model:

HAPPY 1ST OWNER
By hondo101

1995 GMC Jimmy 4dr SUV 4WD

As the first owner of this car & having it on the road for the past 20 years I can tell you, GMC makes a great vehicle!
Sure, 7 years ago I was ready to get rid of it cause it was running badly, but I put $500 into replacing the injector lines & it came back to life like new. No one wants to spend money on car repairs but its a fact of life.
Other than regular maint. , tires, exhaust, brakes & the injector spider, I've not had to spend BIG MONEY on it.
I have never had a problem starting it. I reach in & turn the key & it starts every time.
I did lease a Yukon & loved how quiet it was & of course all the bells & whistles but we kept the Jimmy as our "workhorse". The bodys straight, never been hit, and could use a "makeover" but It's a blessing.
AND IT'S PAID FOR!

Bottom line, if you get a chance to but a GMC, check it out "thoroughly" as the person you get it from may have abused it being the workhorse it was built to be, but even a Clysdale can break a leg!
If you get a good one, it will last for years! If you take care of it!

Great beginner's car
By wspringer

1995 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this vehicle. Got it a few months ago as my 1st car (I'm 17). Very comfortable and nice looking. Easy to drive. Has a lot of modern amenities in it that my mom's 2010 Malibu doesn't even have. 4 wheel drive goes great in tough situations. Gonna keep this until it falls apart. It has no rust and under 130,000 miles on it now so I'm hoping it lasts a long time.

Piece O Junk
By NotSoLucky

1995 GMC Jimmy 2dr SUV

The guy who sold me this junk knew what he was doing Its nothing but money money and problems they are good about posting the problems but wont respond to anything and wont put out a penny for all the mess they created what ever happened to good american cars? Will never buy again. Dont even give a second look just run the other way.

body goeth before engine
By Ms Tru Indeed

1995 GMC Jimmy SL 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck from a auction, expecting it to run for a year@16500 miles to get me over. Im hitting 200,000. The body is rusting the inside is falling apart, but the dern engine is still going. i want to trade it in, but I cant let it go. Since im good with maintanance on older vehicle (be it that I'm 33 yrs old and female) I think I can get another 40,000. What the heck, its paid for, and im saving money (not on gas though) for that GMC Tahoe. GO GM!!!

the engine is easy to get into. chunky but funky.

the gas mileage. Yuck!

1995 GMC Jimmy
By aml2brn

1995 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jimmy. It's the most reliable vehicle that I have owned other than my 1979 3/4 ton Chevy Cheyenne. The only issue that I have had with my Jimmy is the fuel economy. I accredit that to the fact that it is 13 years old and it's been driven fairly regularly with average maintenance. I would not sell or trade my Jimmy without serious consideration, even with todays gas prices.

My favorite feature of my Jimmy is the push button four wheel drive. I used it just about every day this past winter without any complications. It's also a great vehicle to trust my family in.

I have no suggestion for improvements. I like my Jimmy just the way it is.