2008 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
NIce vehicle for the price
By mph33 on 06/10/08 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second Envoy we bought. My wife is the primary driver. The last one we had was the 4 wheel drive SLT. Very pleased with the pricing and is an excellent family SUV. The 8 cylinder gives it more power and does not really effect the gas mileage. Much better than the 6 cylinder in our last one.

2008 Envoy Denali
By hiflier on 05/07/08 04:17 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got the Nav Package. In contrast to another review, I think it works great! Yes, there is a learning curve, but once you are proficient it works fine! Save for the XM traffic report - it does not have. I have owned previous Nav systems with this feature and it is great! We get comments all the time on how wonderful the vehicle looks - it looks like GM hit the mark on this vehicle. My wife drives is the primary driver and she absolutely loves this car over the Saturn ION we traded for it. Yes, the gas mileage went down with the trade, but the ride and the sense of feeling safe in a larger vehicle was worth the trade-off!

Nice Ride
By Mrs. T on 04/28/08 07:51 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I know I am not the norm, I had my previous car for 12 years. Yes, 12 years. I only had 106,000 and cried like a baby when I sold it to a friend of mine. I have looked at the Envoy since 2004 and decided this was the year to buy it. (Also the last year they are making them) I love my Silver Mist color, have had many a compliment when out driving. I have a sunroof and the nice stereo. I just put 1000 miles on it this weekend. I am kinda disapointed in the gas mileage but I guess it is to be expected with an SUV. I love the staightline 6 I have, it has a lot of get-up-and-go. So in short, love it!!!

My favorite in the price range
By choppers70 on 04/22/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I drove just about everything I thought I could get off the lot in the low $20K's. Everything felt like plastic junk. When I got in the Envoy I knew it was the one I wanted. Felt like luxury but in my price range. So far so good. Some minor issues with rattling noises that need fixed but other than that I'm pretty happy with it.

Love my 2008 GMC
By mmchis on 03/30/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It rides very smooth. I enjoy the comfortable seats. I like all the extras! The wood grain center console and steering wheel are beautiful. I would like more storage available in the center console. I like that the vehicle uses 4 cylinders, until it needs the full 8. It helps with gas mileage.

Smooth & Quiet
By WD on 03/23/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned other SUVs which road like trucks and were noisy on long rides. The Envoy has great power and better than the sticker fuel economy, 18 average, 20 or better on a trip. Seating is comfortable and OnStar works well.

Great Truck
By 215Denali on 03/09/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent truck for the price. The Denali trim level looks great, we get compliments all the time. Great looking interior, we have the black leather with wood grain.

Don't get the Nav
By Don't get the NAV on 12/17/07 08:21 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Spent the extra money on a NAV system only to find out that to use the nav system a dvd has to be in your cd player anytime that you are using it. In other words FM or XM only while navigating. I have used many different portable navigation devices that are so much more user friendly than this one. It is all that I can do to figure this thing out, my wife gave up after several very frusterating attempts. Save the money and buy a garmin! Also cup holders are a joke in this thing.The money I saved still outweighs these setbacks. GM blew away competitors prices! If I had to do over again I would buy the same vehicle without the nav,We would miss the touch screen FM/XM that comes with the nav.

Love my GMC Envoy..but not the gas..
By bellasarah on 12/14/07 22:44 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Envoy, but want to just say that I filled it up to full just two days ago and only put 120 miles on it and am already on a half tank. I just bought this SUV and I knew that the gas wasnt that great, but at this rate I am going to be filling up probably every week just to get to work and back. If GMC came out with a hyrbid Envoy that would be awesome.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.