Used 2008 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Love the Denali but not the Mileage
By vallywally

2008 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hwy mpg is OK but city mpg is very poor. The seat belt cuts into my neck and needs to be repositioned. Denali exterior is an eye turner but the plastic "woodgrain" console looks cheap and tacky. Seats are comfortable but would prefer a softer leather. When I'm stopped for a light, after 10+ seconds there's a thud-like jolt & sound from under the car. Dealer has no idea what is causing this but has heard others complain about it.

Exterior Denali styling is terrific. Smooth ride, great turning radius, easy to drive, on-board compressor, integrated hitch, running boards.

#1 - Need better city mileage!! Seat belts that don't give me a neck rash, integrated holder for cell phone, pull out door pockets or better designed console that can hold a small handbag, rear seats should fold flat like they did in my old Blazer (loved that feature & fold down gate in the Blazer)

Good power but that's where the good end
By Milez5858

2008 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Envoy as the most powerful 6 cylendar for towing. I turns out I get better milage with an 8 cylendar truck. The air shocks were constantly pumping up, the fans for the climate control extremely loud, there is no vent setting so it was either blowing hot or cold air, wind noise was excessive, the gas tank is configured such that it always spilled over when filling no matter what gas station I went to. Passing gear was great but taking of from stopped was very slow for a 280 hp engine.

6200 lbs towing was great for a 6 banger mid sized SUV. That was offset by only getting 15 MPG. I get nearly 20 in my Dodge Ram.

Use quiet fans on the climate control and add a pass through vent feature. Gas milage must be improved. Ditch the air suspension in the back, it is just one more thing to break. Impove door seals for wind noise reduction. Change the rear gear ratio so there is some excelleration.

2008 envoy
By alc13

2008 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Not sure if I have the SLE or SLT. I rated the gas milage poor because it is extremely inconsistant. I travel 6 hrs interstate/highway time per week and I go the same speed every time. Some trips I go through a little over a 1/4 and sometimes I go through a whole tank. Thats a huge difference! Also, it should get better milage than a truck 17mpg just doesn't cut it for its size. I rated the interior design poorly also because there is only one cup holder, back seats don't really fold down, console is tiny, and the computer system randomly turns on and off the change oil light. As far as build quality stuff I had to have the powertrain completely replaced when I first bought it.

Comfortable and easy to manuever

Put in more than one cup holder so the passenger has a place to put their drink. Also, improve gas milage/consistantcy.

Nice Value SUV
By bigb4334

2008 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the power that the V8 offers in this size of an SUV. I would agree with some that turning is very soft with this vehicle, but some like the smoothness that it gives you. I have yet to tow something with it, but can't wait. Bose stereo is great, and OnStar turn by turn is also great. With the pricing that they have for these vehicles right now, there isn't a better deal.

Bose stereo, V8 power, 18" polished aluminum wheels, grill, leather, memory seats, automatic rear air suspension, heat and A/C with audio controls in second row.

Standard nav on Denali with backup camera. I didn't like the look of the taillights, but covered them with some tinted 3M film that looks amazing. Memory mirrors to go with the memory seats.

Envoy Denali
By woodbine

2008 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I find the Envoy Denali to be a very wonderful product from GM. I recently had a 04 Trailblazer and the Envoy has a better ride style and the Denali package is excellent.

Exterior style and the honeycomb grille. The leather is soft and the ride is excellent.

Power retracting memory side mirrows telescoping steering wheel like the Enclave.