2008 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Love my new Used Envoy
By flyer1977 on 07/25/13 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just a couple days old, I bought this 2008 Envoy with 65000 miles on it. I went to purchase a 2009 Chevy Equinox. Ironically both sat side by side and were the same price, yet the envoy had 20000 less miles. From the exterior, the GMC looked to be more solid of a vehicle, it doesnt have that plastic look to it like the Equinox. Test drive the transmission shifts smooth and no fear of passing on the highway. Equinox was otherwise. Gas mileage better than I expected. Last night did a 115 mile drive on the highway at 65-70 mph, got 22mpg with the air condition on. I was expecting a SUV of this size to be in the teens, its a truck no one should expect 30 mpg. So far I love it

Poor Quality compared to other brands
By ahess77 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has had more than it's share of problems, dealer has not correctly fixed half of them. 1. driver window extremely slow (dealer said it's normal operation); 2. 4WD service light, dealer changed a sensor; 3. speaker buzzing, dealer changed rear speaker; 4. Stabilitrack service light, dealer changed a sensor; 5. occasional loud Bumping/growling noise at RF wheel, dealer said normal operation; 5. speaker buzzing (out of warranty), Non-dealer replaced rear HVAC control; 6. Check engine light, secondary air injection system, ECM replaced ($700!) 7. Service Stabilitrack, steering wheel sensor ($95!). It's not a Yugo, but what a piece of crap.

Good Vehicle hate to see it go
By dnt on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV has been great, it has got us through many long road trips. Monthly payment was getting to much so had to downsize to a small car again, but looking forward to being back in a FORD Focus again. Anyone who has mentioned the seats don't fold down flat, WELL THEY DO. We didn't think so at first either until my husband went out one day and figured it out, reading the manual really helped too.

Love the Denali but not the Mileage
By vallywally on 11/08/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hwy mpg is OK but city mpg is very poor. The seat belt cuts into my neck and needs to be repositioned. Denali exterior is an eye turner but the plastic "woodgrain" console looks cheap and tacky. Seats are comfortable but would prefer a softer leather. When I'm stopped for a light, after 10+ seconds there's a thud-like jolt & sound from under the car. Dealer has no idea what is causing this but has heard others complain about it.

Good power but that's where the good end
By Milez5858 on 10/20/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Envoy as the most powerful 6 cylendar for towing. I turns out I get better milage with an 8 cylendar truck. The air shocks were constantly pumping up, the fans for the climate control extremely loud, there is no vent setting so it was either blowing hot or cold air, wind noise was excessive, the gas tank is configured such that it always spilled over when filling no matter what gas station I went to. Passing gear was great but taking of from stopped was very slow for a 280 hp engine.

2008 envoy
By alc13 on 07/22/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Not sure if I have the SLE or SLT. I rated the gas milage poor because it is extremely inconsistant. I travel 6 hrs interstate/highway time per week and I go the same speed every time. Some trips I go through a little over a 1/4 and sometimes I go through a whole tank. Thats a huge difference! Also, it should get better milage than a truck 17mpg just doesn't cut it for its size. I rated the interior design poorly also because there is only one cup holder, back seats don't really fold down, console is tiny, and the computer system randomly turns on and off the change oil light. As far as build quality stuff I had to have the powertrain completely replaced when I first bought it.

Nice Value SUV
By bigb4334 on 11/18/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the power that the V8 offers in this size of an SUV. I would agree with some that turning is very soft with this vehicle, but some like the smoothness that it gives you. I have yet to tow something with it, but can't wait. Bose stereo is great, and OnStar turn by turn is also great. With the pricing that they have for these vehicles right now, there isn't a better deal.

Envoy Denali
By woodbine on 09/10/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I find the Envoy Denali to be a very wonderful product from GM. I recently had a 04 Trailblazer and the Envoy has a better ride style and the Denali package is excellent.

My Envoy
By Smokey on 08/28/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2007 Chevy Silverado crew cab that got 24 to 26 miles per gallon. My Envoy gets terrible gas mileage which is a bummer. Steering is hard to get used to, my truck was much smoother. Envoy is quiet as was my truck. I guess if you want something that is quiet, smooth, and gets good mileage buy a Silverado crew cab. Costs less than the Envoy and has much more room inside.

Never Thought I Would Buy A GM Car
By Glenn on 08/18/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Never thought I would buy American let alone a GMC car. Drove the Envoy and it knocked my socks off. I'm hooked. OnStar is a winner and the car is fantastic. Only problem, I understand it goes away next year. The Arcadia is the replacement and a car I would never buy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.