Used 2008 GMC Envoy SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

My Envoy
By Smokey

2008 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2007 Chevy Silverado crew cab that got 24 to 26 miles per gallon. My Envoy gets terrible gas mileage which is a bummer. Steering is hard to get used to, my truck was much smoother. Envoy is quiet as was my truck. I guess if you want something that is quiet, smooth, and gets good mileage buy a Silverado crew cab. Costs less than the Envoy and has much more room inside.

Short turning radius.

Install the 4,8 V8 engine that gets higher gas mileage. Make it wider, make room for two drink trays in front. Replace the engine operated cooling fan with electric cooling fans such as on the 4,8 engine. Seat belts are hard to get at, fix this proble as it is a carry over from prior years.

My favorite in the price range
By choppers70

2008 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I drove just about everything I thought I could get off the lot in the low $20K's. Everything felt like plastic junk. When I got in the Envoy I knew it was the one I wanted. Felt like luxury but in my price range. So far so good. Some minor issues with rattling noises that need fixed but other than that I'm pretty happy with it.

Interior style and design. Rear passenger climate control. OnStar.

I'm constantly annoyed that there is no change holder, a larger console area to set things like a cell phone would be nice.