2007 Envoy 6 cycl
By j_eng on
2007 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
There is no label for XT, SLE, or the other ID for the same 6 cyclinder Envoy. The 6 cyclinder provides the power and towing ability, gas mileage that I expected. I get 18 city 21 on level highway. With 3 people ski gear, driving up mountains in thinner air it drops to 15.5 - 17MPG and that is with 4 snow tires. With 1 person and reducing weight by never carrying over 1/2 tank of gas and 35 PSI in the summer tires the mileage goes up. Loosing 4-6 MPG and gaining the power and towing ability for mulch, logs, motor boat is worth it. The Suburu and Toyota Highlander's rating was false. with the weight of people, air drag it proved to be 25 MPG, never in the 30's.
Favorite Features
Heat and air conditioning is good and extends the controls to the rear passenger seating. The large chrome side step-up for short people is great. There is good head room and leg room for us tall people. The roof rack design is nice to eliminate the horizontal pieces to reduce noise on the highway when your not using the roof rack. When you need to add a boat of bikes you add the horizontal rack to the permanently mounted edge rails for what ever you need that day. I like the hidden child safety locks on the closing edge of the rear doors.
Suggested Improvements
1. I wish they kept the temperature sensor in the mirror to help warn against black ice. The Jimmey has the predicessor had it. I didn't realize the new Envoy didn't have it until winter. 2. The rear wiper circuit doesn't open when the hatch is opened. Had the wiper in intermittent mode, wiper was down when I opened the window to load the groceries. the wiper came up and broke OFF!. 3. The window module on the drivers side controls all windows and never blew a fuse that would have shut off the current to prevent it from burning up. There is no fault isolating circuit to drop out the window circuit to allow the engines PC to operate and not leave you stranded.