2007 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Love it!
By thope on 03/07/14 05:26 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used, no problems. High BB value. Wanted SUV that ran like my Lexus. Sounds like a tall order, but it does, mostly. It has fast acceleration (@ 80 before you know it), smooth ride, comfortable, and a reliable motor. My dislikes are: the 2007 doesn't have the wood trim like previous years, cup holders are weird, and I have the Base trim which means I lack a bunch of features (steering wheel controls, rear radio controls, heated seats ans mirrors, etc) which I hate. But, overall I love my Envoy. It's gorgeous in white with chrome trim (not sure why it doesn't have the Envoy nameplate on the door). For my first SUV, I chose very well. American-made!

BEST EVER
By envoylover2007 on 05/13/13 03:52 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Simply put, the best vehicle I have ever owned in my life. Purchased new in 8/07= 180,000 miles and the only thing I have ever had to replace is the Fuel Pump @ 70K. I have routinely changed with Synthetic Oil and Lucas Fuel Treatment additive. I believe this truck easily has another 180,000+ miles left in it!

2007 Envoy 6 cycl
By j_eng on 02/15/13 11:36 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

There is no label for XT, SLE, or the other ID for the same 6 cyclinder Envoy. The 6 cyclinder provides the power and towing ability, gas mileage that I expected. I get 18 city 21 on level highway. With 3 people ski gear, driving up mountains in thinner air it drops to 15.5 - 17MPG and that is with 4 snow tires. With 1 person and reducing weight by never carrying over 1/2 tank of gas and 35 PSI in the summer tires the mileage goes up. Loosing 4-6 MPG and gaining the power and towing ability for mulch, logs, motor boat is worth it. The Suburu and Toyota Highlander's rating was false. with the weight of people, air drag it proved to be 25 MPG, never in the 30's.

Gas Gauge Issue
By mdelatorre on 08/23/12 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have reviews several reviews and know that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I have a 2007 Envoy and have had issues with the gas gauge for a few months now. The gas meter will indicate that I am empty but I will have gas in the tank. I have determined that once i get about 1/2 a tank it tells me i am empty. Are thier any plans on recalling this problem that several of us are experiencing?

Will never buy another GM!!
By suzie_q_757 on 05/11/12 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchases my envoy about 1 1/2 yr ago and about 1 month later the airbag, oil pressure, stabli link, and gas sensors went out in it!! About 6 months ago I noticed that the bottom of the rear doors are rusting. I called GM and they say that since it is not rusting completly threw the doors yet it would not be covered under the corrosion warranty, but they will cover it as a courtosy? Really?!? Okay so after getting the approval I asked what im suppose to do while my vehicle will be in the bodyshop for a week and they said they do not cover rentals or loaner vehicles under the corrosion warranty!! [non-permissible content removed]! This vehicle has caused me nothing but headaces!! I will be trading this in! no more GM

2007 GMC Envoy Fuel Gauge
By nettieg on 03/25/12 16:33 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven (and love) my 2007 Envoy. The truck is so comfortable & it has been 100% reliable for me. I currently have 35,600 original miles on it. It is a total disappointment to me that GMC refuses to pay for a replacement fuel gauge. I sure can't afford to pay half ($325.00) for a new gauge anymore then anyone else can. I tried to appeal to GMC because I am 60 years old & on Social Security Disability, but to no avail. The company evidently does not care what sort of "American made (???)" parts suppliers it deals with. So for now, with gas at $3.95/gallon, I just top off the tank every 5 days. I hope that at some point, a GMC executive drove the Envoy & ran out of gas.

Disappointed
By nothappy26 on 09/29/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am so angry right now. My 2007 Envoy has 45,000 miles. At 34,000 miles the fuel guage stop working (i had it fixed $800 because I have small children and did not want to be standed with them). At 45,000 my battery, alternator and now the computer just went so nothing will blow out the vents, In the past 3 weeks I have put $1,000 into the car. My husband would not consider buying a foreign car but we might be changing our mind.

Air Bag Problem - Beware
By Justin on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2007 Envoy Denali has had numerous computer/sensor issues. Reads tire pressure and gas incorrectly. Recently the air bags deployed without cause. The interior has $3,000.00 in damages caused from the driver and passenger side airbags deploying. The air bag deployment also resulted in my girlfriend being sent to the ER. There is absolutely no damage to the exterior. Poor manufacturing - beware!

Worthy of a place in my garage
By tireguy on 05/26/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a fully loaded RAV4 in '08 to haul my family of 5 around. Seemed ideal on paper; in reality it was an absolute bore to drive and own. Wife and I hated it, so we swapped it after a year (even trade) for a pre-owned two-year old Envoy. This is a vehicle you can fall in love with. It's a truck, on a ladder frame. It handles like a truck and I like that. It's got beautiful lines, lots of power, room inside, and a real hi/lo 4 wheel drive. No compromises. It's an all around great vehicle, and fits into my standard 2 car garage next to my Yukon XL perfectly. It's really sad that they discontinued it this year. Who rates a car poorly, based on the Nav system? Dude, get a Garmin

Love The Ride
By Cpersons on 02/04/10 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Leased this vehicle for 39 months and couldn't be happier! Love the ride love the dashboard, love everything! This car never gave me a problem, the only maintenance done was oil changes and tire rotation and car ran perfectly. I had to turn in the car 2 months ago and it was one of the worst days of my life! If your looking for a reliable suv this is the one to purchase

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.