Used 2007 GMC Envoy SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

LOVE IT, but the wheel bearings
By bittymist

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After testing the cars I wanted first,(a Nissan Maxima and a Buick Enclave, plus a few others) I decided to give this a try. The sales lady had me take it for a whole weekend. (I think I may have frustrated her with my pickiness!) Omg! This was the best suv and downgrading from a full size pickup to this wasn't much of a change either. I got a great deal and it had under 100000 miles, it will probably still run like a top after the next 100000 I put on it. Just one weakness other than the window regulator recall, wheel bearings go bad if you use 4x4 a lot, which I do, oh and they aren't serviceable you have to replace the hub assembly. Other than that this is better by far than I imagined.

Leather seats, Bose sound, Heated seats, moonroof, fold down rear seats, hauling capacity, luxurious ride, smooth handling, etc

Serviceable wheel bearings, more room for spark plug replacement, better rear wiper motor, grill guards...

Love it!
By thope

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used, no problems. High BB value. Wanted SUV that ran like my Lexus. Sounds like a tall order, but it does, mostly. It has fast acceleration (@ 80 before you know it), smooth ride, comfortable, and a reliable motor. My dislikes are: the 2007 doesn't have the wood trim like previous years, cup holders are weird, and I have the Base trim which means I lack a bunch of features (steering wheel controls, rear radio controls, heated seats ans mirrors, etc) which I hate. But, overall I love my Envoy. It's gorgeous in white with chrome trim (not sure why it doesn't have the Envoy nameplate on the door). For my first SUV, I chose very well. American-made!

Motor, comfort, size, smooth ride, on star, handleability, sunroof

Dual exhaust, larger sunroof, all features loaded for all models and years, installed retractable cargo cover, better cup holders, all I6 motors, white exterior with light colored interior, remote starter for all models, wood-grain or better interior for all models, litigate on remote, lobby for cheaper gas prices

BEST EVER
By envoylover2007

2007 GMC Envoy SUV Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Simply put, the best vehicle I have ever owned in my life. Purchased new in 8/07= 180,000 miles and the only thing I have ever had to replace is the Fuel Pump @ 70K. I have routinely changed with Synthetic Oil and Lucas Fuel Treatment additive. I believe this truck easily has another 180,000+ miles left in it!

Styling - Denali Package Chrome Grille, Running Boards, Leather interior still looks great after 6 years of wear and tear.

I wish GMC still made the Envoy- I am not a fan of the Terrain. This model Envoy had a poor Cup Holder Design. Wind noise at 70 mph and up.

2007 Envoy 6 cycl
By j_eng

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

There is no label for XT, SLE, or the other ID for the same 6 cyclinder Envoy. The 6 cyclinder provides the power and towing ability, gas mileage that I expected. I get 18 city 21 on level highway. With 3 people ski gear, driving up mountains in thinner air it drops to 15.5 - 17MPG and that is with 4 snow tires. With 1 person and reducing weight by never carrying over 1/2 tank of gas and 35 PSI in the summer tires the mileage goes up. Loosing 4-6 MPG and gaining the power and towing ability for mulch, logs, motor boat is worth it. The Suburu and Toyota Highlander's rating was false. with the weight of people, air drag it proved to be 25 MPG, never in the 30's.

Heat and air conditioning is good and extends the controls to the rear passenger seating. The large chrome side step-up for short people is great. There is good head room and leg room for us tall people. The roof rack design is nice to eliminate the horizontal pieces to reduce noise on the highway when your not using the roof rack. When you need to add a boat of bikes you add the horizontal rack to the permanently mounted edge rails for what ever you need that day. I like the hidden child safety locks on the closing edge of the rear doors.

1. I wish they kept the temperature sensor in the mirror to help warn against black ice. The Jimmey has the predicessor had it. I didn't realize the new Envoy didn't have it until winter. 2. The rear wiper circuit doesn't open when the hatch is opened. Had the wiper in intermittent mode, wiper was down when I opened the window to load the groceries. the wiper came up and broke OFF!. 3. The window module on the drivers side controls all windows and never blew a fuse that would have shut off the current to prevent it from burning up. There is no fault isolating circuit to drop out the window circuit to allow the engines PC to operate and not leave you stranded.

Gas Gauge Issue
By mdelatorre

2007 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have reviews several reviews and know that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I have a 2007 Envoy and have had issues with the gas gauge for a few months now. The gas meter will indicate that I am empty but I will have gas in the tank. I have determined that once i get about 1/2 a tank it tells me i am empty. Are thier any plans on recalling this problem that several of us are experiencing?

Recalling the problem and not having each owner pay out of pocket for a issue that is known to GMC. We should not have to pay 1/2 of the cost to have this fixed when cleary it was an issue on the manufactuing process.