2006 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Fun SUV
By sunrig on 12/12/09 13:50 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had to replace throttle body at 38,000 miles. Had a 2003 Yukon Denali. Nicer rig but Envoy is a great rig. My wife loves it, as nice as her BMW.

Poor GM Customer Support
By Tom on 08/04/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Envoy looks nice. Looks can be deceiving. Fuel gauge quit working. Expensive to repair. Water pump gone out. Expensive to repair. GM is aware of the problem history with these vehicles but puts the burden on the owner. GM knew these parts were not performing up to par and chose to still use them. Defective parts equals lots of repair bills at the dealerships! No reliability + no responsibility = No General Motors!

Love it!
By Angela on 07/20/09 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I picked out this SUV for my husband. He had an old Chevy Blazer in high school that he really loved and missed it. The Envoy was the closest thing I could find that would suit both our needs. We test drove it and immediately fell in love with it. Drives just as smooth as the Chevy Impala we had and the engine was quiet yet powerful. Very comfortable and the interior design was exactly like the Impala as well. So we didn't have to get used to finding everything. I recommend this SUV to anyone who's looking for a powerful engine that gets great gas mileage and is reliable, comfortable, and sporty.

Disatisfied buyer
By gtp on 05/03/09 19:40 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. From simple door locks to noisy windows to steering columns, transition 5 times, hatch shocks, ignitions, electrical, engine (multiple times)....It has left me stranded many times. On windy days it will switch lanes with out you even realizing it. I was disappointed in the power of the 4.2L V6. It works way to hard. Get the V8 (Gas mileage will even out). It does however handle well in the snow. I couldn't even sell this to sum one I would feel guilty knowing it's a piece.

Fine Fun
By Barbielowrider on 03/22/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for something to replace my Grand Cherokee Ltd. I wanted all the bells and whistles, and plenty of power to boot. Believe me, I looked at EVERYTHING! I eagerly decided on this '06 Envoy Denali. The looks had me from across the lot. I test drove it, and then my husband. We were immediately impressed. Interior to die for, comfort plus.Every option I could hope for. Rides smooth as can be. So we really, really test cars. Straight aways, up and down hills, in and out of town, highway. I was so impressed by the power. It's a pavement eater! 300 HP, and switches to 4 cyl. for HWY cruising(gas saver) and can tow up to 6500 lbs. Looking for a mid-size SUV? This one's for you!!!!!

Love it!
By loveit on 03/12/09 23:57 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love my envoy,but after 2 months of owning it the connector rod for the heating/a/c went out and needed to be fixed but that was only minor at $216. This is the most comfortable car i have owned and the fastest car, it has great pick up power and for gas mileage its really not that bad for the size of this vehicle. I would recommend it to anyone. Matter of fact i let my co-worker drive and she went out and bought one 2 weeks later.

Stuck with Envoy
By P witkewiz on 12/02/08 12:04 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Envoy Denali features are nice but the products reliability and GM's lack of support is disappointing. After 36,000 miles, the steering rack and front transfer case failed leaving me with substantial expense and GM only partially helped - not nearly to my satisfaction.

Not too bad.
By Denali on 10/22/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Envoy for a little over a year. Definitely the perfect family car for long trips. Smoothest car I've ever driven. Gas mileage is surprisingly decent for a V8 SUV (highest is 20+ on highway, average is 16) Definitely a smooth smooth ride but a little sluggish accelerating off the line. Stabilitrak is an amazing option in the rain. Downsides: narrow spaces between console and door and the seats. Center console is very sub par and constantly loose or breaking off entirely. Low ground clearance makes it look minivan-esque. Nav system is so so and can't listen to a CD while using it. Slow windows and moonroof when closing. Resale value is awful. Plan to keep this car for a while.

Too much maintenance
By Envoy Problems on 10/01/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I drive about 36,000 miles a year and my Envoy is great in all aspects as long as it is not in the shop. I had to replace an idle pulley, fan belt, fuel pump, and just recently I had to rebuild the transmission. Way too many problems for a 2 year old car with only 75000 miles on it. Other than that, the ride is very quiet, step on the gas and it seems to glide on the highway.

Is it just me?
By greg rosengren on 07/04/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the car/truck, nicest car I've ever owned. At 58,000 miles I've had to replace both the transmission and the motor. I didn't bother to get the extended warranty because of my false belief that I was buying a quality product that would last. GM has graciously picked up half the transmission cost ($1600) and all but $1650 of the new motor job. I have put 4000 dollars in repair costs into this car in the last 2 months. Not at all happy about this. Love the vehicle..just bummed out about the problems...will probably go foreign next time..Benz or BMW

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.