Used 2006 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Gmc Envoy - Consumer Reviews

2006 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Love It
By Ross

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I can't understand all the complaints about the Envoy. Must be other brand dealers trying to kill sales. I have had this one over 2 years and presently have 113,000 miles on it with no issues at all. Bought it used with 46000 on it and will buy another if I can find one. The only mistake GM made was going from this to the Arcadia. Mine has the 4.2 4wd, will go anywhere and pull anything I want to.

Favorite Features

Trim, Ride, Appearance, Safety

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage but that is expected with a SUV.

Reliable vehicle
By Reliable and Love it

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this SUV. It has been very reliable so far and have not had any problems. Of course, it is the DENALI, everything is top of the line. The leather seats are comfortable, the vehicle rides smoothly and haven't had any problems these four years. I would also like to point out that the regular mpg in the city is 16.5 / 17 but on the highway I noticed that on our last trip it did 22 mpg, which I think that for the size and weight of this vehicle was pretty good. I definitely would recommended.

Favorite Features

DENALI features and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!

Never Again
By Never Again

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car about two years ago and purchased an extended warranty. The first year I had this car the interior started falling apart. The panels around the passenger seat broke, the lights on the stereo are out and the carpet has a rusts stains alone the back doors(not sure where this is coming from). I've recently started having mechanical problems. I had to replace two coils and the electrical line to the front light has burned. The worst part of all of this is nothing is under warranty. I paid 300 for a 60k maintenance that did not include a tune up. This is my first American made car in a long time and I must say I will never buy another GMC!

Favorite Features

The Envoy has great seating. I have the 7 seater

Suggested Improvements

The Envoy need to have better Interior, more leg room for back seats, adjustable back seats.

Sick of Being Nickel and Dimed to Death
By rrh36

2006 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2006 Envoy SLE in Oct 2008. Things went well for a while, but after the first 6 months of driving, been nothing by problem after problem. Engine had high pitched squeal which was bad bearings in idler pulley. Then the spare tire would not come off the underside. Had to cut the cable and replace the entire spare tire holder. Fuel gauge quit working. And most recently, had to replace water pump. Bearings shot in that too and can't even do it yourself without a "special tool." I will NEVER buy another GMC and I hope GM goes under because of their selling of product with such horrible reliability.

Favorite Features

Rides fairly well. Smooth for an SUV. Interior design is good. 4WD is solid.

Suggested Improvements

Improve reliability, better customer support. When there are known problems, help out the consumer instead of losing them as customers for life!

I know why they are going under
By Lola R

2006 GMC Envoy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this as a second vehicle last year. We only use it 3 to 4 months in a year. So when I got it out for the winter season, this year we had to start fixing it. 1st, the weather stripping is falling off the back door, 2nd the steering rack must be replaced. The suv only has 39000 miles on it. I should have know better than to buy a GMC. I also had to have the fuel gauge replaced second day we had it. Thank God it was under warrenty. Stereo speaker blew out also.

Favorite Features

4wd

Suggested Improvements

make it more dependable and a lot repairs!